Major Confidence Problems

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Green Plant, May 8, 2011.

1. All those social fears, are in your head bro. The sooner you realize it, the better. I myself and very extroverted, and conservative to myself. I don't really go out of my way to speak with people so I hold the few friends I have very dearly.

2. how do I find these friends?

how do you let go of my fear of rejection?

3. confidence has to come along with not caring so much what people think of you and taking risks.

once you've mastered risk taking while not giving a fuck, then you've got confidence.

4. It sounds like something or someone snapped your selfconfidence. Like someone really disappointed your trust, or you were subject to constant nagging criticism that you ended up believing. You don't have to talk to everyone. And not everyone has to like you. If I were you I'd get back into playing sports but for the fun of it, and the social aspects, maybe not with the ultimate 'gotta win' attitude which maybe put you off before. Find a different sport then you used to, and something that is not attached to groups or class, so there are going to be very different kinds of people. Like some martial arts or tai chi is very varied.

5. It's kinda corny sounding but you gotta love yourself before others will love you. You just gotta get over the bullshit, and live your life, your way. Fuck what other people think, no matter what people are going to find a reason to hate on ya.

People suck and the sooner you realize that their opinions don't matter only yours does. The better it is for you.

I have extreme confidence though, bordering on arrogance.

6. One thing I've learned in my life is that things tend to be easier when you stop giving a fuck about what people think. Of course there are limits to this but generally people tend over analyze every little aspect of their life and exaggerate minuscule problems. This is where paranoia and social anxiety sometimes stem from. What you sometimes don't realize is that people often put up a front but in reality are unsure of themselves. You're not alone in feeling the way you do. This planet is filled with anxious, scared little animals trying to one up each other in hopes of making themselves feel better. Don't look to others for happiness because it only comes from within you.

7. "to be something you've never been, you must do something you've never done."

think about it.

8. I had this from grade 1 to grade 10. After a little weed booze and coke my ability to "care" what people though slowly degraded.

You have to learn to let go of what people think, and just "go" If you look stupid, thats because you think you look stupid.

If your not much of a drinker, I'd start going to parties. Your a social animal when your wasted.

Good luck, and remember. DON'T GIVE A FUCK!

9. This thread really hits home with me. All my life i've done bad things. Criticized by loved ones and the people I call friends. I ended up lonely, staying in my room afraid to confront anyone due to the fear of rejection which is the deepest fear those with social anxiety could have. You just have to realize people in this world are all about their own business, don't be worried about what they think of you. They are just trying to get in and out of a situation and go along with whatever else they were doing. I would suggest seeing a doctor and getting some medication, i've taken pretty much everything in this world for anxiety and not much has helped but something could work for you. The greatest advice I could give you is that we are all equal, you're a good person, nobody has any reason to dislike you or think you are weird. Try to read up on current events so you have something to talk about instead of sitting their being quiet which in the long run makes you feel awkward because you cannot contribute to the conversation. Best of luck buddy, you'll get through this and have a wonderful fulfilling life. Nothing is holding you back except your fears! Time to be fearless!:smoke:

10. I NEED to comment on this.

I used to be severely depressed for like 4-5 years. Eventually I adopted this mindset that it's MY life and I can live it ANYWAY i want, no one can ever determine that.

since that day, i've been a happier man. do whatever you want. go where life takes you. never give up.

PM me if you need some help, or someone to talk to. OP we've all been there, at least I have.

11. Just stop caring what other peoples think. Why should YOU suffer because of THEM ?? Think about it

12. First just start to remember it doesn't matter one bit what other people think of you. Also just go out and talk to people with the sole purpose of being rejected, it may sound strange but go talk to random women and get rejected. It will feel good and give you a thick skin, and once you find the people who like you for who you are, thats when you have found true happiness.

13. what if i try to talk to a girl and she totaly blows me off?

14. getting blowed off by a girl is a good thing my man

15. Honestly I used to be socially awkward but once I started working at my job, I was forced to talk to new people everyday (customers) and through that daily hardship came something beautiful. Social understanding. I understood how to communicate and what to say and when to say it.

I made a 180 turn around because of it and so, of course, my recommendation to you, OP, is that you try it out.

16. LMAO! He didnt mean it in that way haha!