Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Maintaining low tolerance after a 5mo T-break

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Immelmann, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Yes, another tolerance thread. Apologies.

Also, long-time lurker, first time poster. Howdy GC! :wave:

So, I officially got off a 5 month T-break last night - smoked some dank out of a bong and got fucked out of my mind. :eek: I had some crazy CEVs while listening to music, and also had a lot of flashes of insights about myself and my current life (can't remember them now - lol! but I figure they are now in my subconscious, so they will surface eventually.) All in all, it was close to or even better than my very first time.

Now the question is, how can I maintain a low tolerance? this is some good stuff, and I want to make it last + enjoy the highs without a huge tolerance. Currently I'm thinkin if I smoke 2x or 3x a week that should be fine? Like, 48 to 72 hours between sessions. Or would 24 hours be OK even? End goal being to get pretty high every time on a steady basis, without having to take a long t-break for awhile.

Thanks guys :smoke:

2. Holy shit, five fucking months...
    Props.

3. yeah man. just stick to that two day break in between.

4. I think i love you...

5. Beware. If you get used to 2 day T-breaks, your eventually gonna have to bump those up to 4, 6, 8 etc. Start at one, give you that extra time lol. Smoke every other day, youll be good. If you wanna reset it to being smoke every other day, i highly suggest taking a 3 week T break after 2 months of every other day. 3-4 week t breaks reset just about anything.

having an unreliable (slow, not a scammer) dealer is also pretty good for T-breaks. natural t breaks.

6. I wish someone would do a study on exactly how long it takes for all the THC receptors to go back to baseline after smoking. It seems there are endless threads like this one that could all be answered if such a study was done.

Thanks for the replies so far, hoping to hear more opinions though :)

7. Well I find that my tolerance comes back nearly right after a tolerance break. If you smoke 3 times a week you will build up a tolerance.

8. For sure, but I am just asking about the optimal time period between sessions if I want to build up my tolerance slowly and not have to take a t-break for awhile.

9. It's probably difficult in the respect that everyone is different.

Though I just say pick two random days out of the week that you don't smoke. It's what I do, or atleast try too. :rolleyes:

10. True, but you could average it out over X number of test subjects. Your mileage may vary and all that.

And yeah, fo sho man.. it is hard not blazing up if you have some.

11. General rule: smoke less, less often.

Basically if when you smoke, you feel you aren't getting as high as before with the same amount, take more days off than you were taking. Don't get fully blitzed every time either, that will build it up quick.

12. If you start getting stoned everyday in a week you will have high tolerance again.

Smoking a few times a week will keep the tolerance down.

Also, this is the biggest one in my opinion, don't smoke more than once a day. That will destroy whatever tolerance efforts you had going on.

13. Thanks guys, I am gonna try 3x a week and 1 session only. That should keep my tolerance from building up too quickly and will save me some money too. :smoke:

14. Everyone is different, my man. See what works for you :) I like to smoke only once a week, twice at the most. Each time is like the first time. :D

15. I've noticed that even just a 24-hour gap (i.e., waiting till the very end of the day) to smoke helps keep my tolerance low. I guess it would make sense to smoke a little bit once every day, or smoke a more 'decent' amount every two days.

Also, we all know our personal physical/mental markers of being waaaaay stoned (i.e. some get 'the pulse', shake, etc), just stay in tune to it and slow down whenever that particular feeling stops happening :D

16. Yeah like I said in my first post, I smoked a bowl of dank out of a bong and I was seriously tripping. Listened to some music and I had CEVs popping up along with the music, couldn't feel my body at times (just the beat of the songs etc.) Then I watched an action movie with a lot of melee fighting and I could see all the individual moves the people in the movie were making. Probably THE BEST high I have had since I started smoking. I had a ganja hangover the next day, didn't clear up until late afternoon. :p

17. Drink green tea daily to get the free radicals out of your system.

18. After about one month of not smoking I had lower tolerance too. I smoked about 1 gram in an evening and hot boxed my truck. This was after a 4 week break. I'd say I was higher then I was the very first time I got high.