Mainlining and more.

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by TimJ, Oct 31, 2021.

1. This journal will start out simply as a reference for me to look back on. I hope to learn what works best using this method of growing. I will start off with my indoor tent grows. Posted up first will be a 8 top mainlined plant that is a cross I made using an old school Blue Dream and a Nirvana Northern Lights. It is 20 days into 12/12 lighting.This plant is in a small 2' x 2' tent. I am running around 140 watts using 2 Citi 1212 cobs in a 2700k Kelvin Color Temperature. 20211031_162402.jpg 20211031_162408.jpg

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I'll also post what I have going in my 4'x4' tent. These are again going to be 8 top mainlines. They are currently at 4 tops and are 7 weeks old from seed. They are as follows. Rear left is AK48,rear right is Maui Waui, front left is Zkittles and the right front is Nicole kush/Banana OG. The 4 in this tent are all Nirvana genetics. All 4 of these as well as the other mainlined plant are in 10 gallon fabric pots using a no-till mix. I have not grown a mainlined plant in this small of a soil mass so it's a learning experience for me. 20211031_162336.jpg This 4'x4' tent is running 2-QB260 boards one V1 and one V2.

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Hey Tim, I'll drag up a bucket to set on and watch.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Thanks HardDrive. It moves slowly until I get those 8 tops. I also have some auto-flowers going to keep things interesting.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Hiya timj, great timing as I'm midway thru my first mainline grow harvest! So, I started a Durban poison from seed and 3 white widow clones march 1rst, topping and tying down in 7 gal cloth pots with handles. I moved them around alot! Lol.
    I got spider mites 5th - 6th wk of flower, I was able to get rid of them either a little adjustable vac head. This worked great!
    KIMG5627.JPG
    I also dumped 1500 ladybugs on them that I believe worked good to, there still in there but no mites, so all's well, I had a good time watching them run around the pots! Haaa!

KIMG5630.JPG
    Im probroly gonna mainline from now on, with the humidity around here the extra airflow works nice. The DP that started from seed seemed to grow stronger too.
    KIMG5609.JPG

KIMG5572.JPG

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. I had spider mites for the first time ever this year too. Only mine were in my greenhouse. I sprayed my plants with Bronners lavender soap and then introduced the mite predator Phytoseiulus persimilis the following day. I didn't see any further damage. I also washed my green house bud using 1 cup baking soda and a cup of lemon juice followed by two rinses after. I scoped them before hanging and they were nice and clean. Sweet job on the mainlining my friend. I prefer mainlining in my tents as I love sculpting my plants, it keeps me busy and I have a lack of headroom in the tents. Thanks for sharing my friend.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Hanging is a small Fastbuds Bubblegum autoflower I took down last night. It was a bit larfy as the temp's got to cold outside. I have another one indoors under a QB260 that I'm expecting to do much better. 20211031_193845.jpg 20211031_193700.jpg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. It was my first with s mites too, if it happens again I'll try the Phytoseiulus persimilis. I'm hearing that we're in for a wet Nov, I've been leaving the exhaust and fans on 24-7 in flower room, I've never had flowers going this time of year ,thank god their inside.
    I finished drying 2 last nite, 4 oz dry on one, 2 oz on the other, the next 2 will be more:)
    I like the baking soda lemon juice cleanse, is that specific for bugs?
    One time I used a hydrogen peroxide and water bath for powdery mold, it worked, I hope.:confusedalt:

• Like Like x 4
  9. I may need to unpack my dehumidifier if your right about the damp November conditions. Nice haul on the buds. Are you running auto flowers or photo periods? From what I read on the bud wash that combination covers both PM and insects. I was only concerned with dead bugs and or the predatory mites. I use potassium bicarbonate for PM prevention.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. I've been doing photos, I'd like to do autos, but I do clones.
    I bent down 3 clones last nite in a 65 gal clothpot that sits ona siptray, it's time to sit back and relax:biggrin:
    I love these sip trays.:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I run about 50/50 autos/photos. I tried the sip set-up that Organic sinse runs and the soil stays to wet for my indoor grows. They do work well in my greenhouse. I was running larger 20-30 gallon pots with Blumat watering systems the past few years. This year I'm going for variety. The smaller soil mass will make my pots easier to move around, top dress and hand water.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nice thread Tim.

I’ve always enjoyed the mainline training method but never utilized it outside due to the extra effort involved lol. I’ll live vicariously through you now ;)

• Like Like x 4
  13. Thank you @Nex420 and thanks for stopping by.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Tonight was day 22 since flip. The Light dreams got it's first top dressing tonight. 8 cups casting that were amended around 2 weeks ago with 1/4 cup fish bone meal,2-tbsps of crab meal, 1-tbsp. of langbeinite. Just before applying this I blended up and added 1-tbsp malted rye and 2- tbsp's of Malted barley. It was watered in with about 2 quarts of rainwater that had 1/4 tsp. of 200x Aloe Vera powder added. 20211102_200641.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Nice trunk! Wow, you feed them great, I'm still learning about the feeding. I've been making Scoobies soil mix , Its the mid cycle feeding that puzzles me.:mellow:.
    I put 3" of twice shredded leaves on 65 gal bed, they looked a little droopy and yellow so I ground up some neem pellets and watered in.
    I'll take some close up pics later.
    KIMG5652.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  16. Thank you my friend. Yours are looking good @Green Dragging. I bet they'll look even better in a week or so.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. I also washed my green house bud using 1 cup baking soda and a cup of lemon juice followed by two rinses after.

I think I'll try this on the next 2, how much water goes with 1c bake soda, 2c lemon juice?

• Like Like x 3
  18. I used 3 new 5 gallon buckets. All buckets had around 4-1/2 gallons of water in them.My wash bucket and first rinse bucket had hot water added to bring the water temperature up to 70 degree's+. My wash bucket had 1 cup lemon juice and 1 cup baking soda mixed in it. My second rinse bucket's temperature was whatever the outside ambient temperature was. I just looked up different bud wash methods and decided to try that one. It worked good so I'll continue to wash all my outdoor grown bud that way.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Thnx timj, I know what I doing tommorrow.:weed:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Ohhhhh yeahhh! 8 months 4 days, im definitely doing this from now on, now to the cure cabinet.:)
    KIMG5672.JPG
    On a different note, here's those clones, any idea what that spot on the leave is?
    KIMG5662.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3