Mainline in promix

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Hom3grown0815, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Here is my first true mainline. How did it turn out. Should I have let it veg longer. 20190111_222503.jpg 20190111_222314.jpg 20190111_222250.jpg 20190111_222414.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Nice looking plant. I love me some promix growing. =)

3. Nice! Looks good. And healthy.

Just watch those centre sides don't shoot up and crowd too much on you. Maybe pick 1 or 2 of them, and clip the others, but then you are sort of defeating the mainline objective.

You could also move 1, maybe 2 max to the inside and spread the others out a bit to even the outside spacing up.

But nothing is set in stone with LST'ing/topping/mainlining. They will do fine as is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. 10 gallon pot of promix/perlite in a 4x4. Wonder woman Gh/nectar for the gods fed with about 600 watts of various qb board led lighting. Over 2 pounds yield from a single plant of tasty fire. Super cropping with lollipopping. IMG_1108.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I think it looks great man. Might want to remove some lower leaves around the edges so you can feed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Beautiful job. Well done. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Man that looks great. How long did you veg that one?
    I'm using a mix of HID and Qbs, but in the process of switching everything to QBs.
    Would I benefit from using a larger pot?

8. I removed some of the larger fan leaves in the center, I noticed some of the lower branches stretching, but other than that I'd like to not remove anything else. Like you said sorta defeats the purpose of mainline lol. My past few grows have been mainlined but from clone. Its much harder to get a good mainline from clone.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I dont really have a problem feeding. Would I benefit from doing so? Man I've been keeping up with some of your grows and man I gotta tell ya, you are on point so any advice given would be well appreciated.
    By the way, what distance do you keep your lights from your canopy?

10. Thanks for the compliment buddy
    My qb120’s are about 10”-12” above canopy. I like to remove the leaveson the lower so I can get a jug or funnel in there

• Like Like x 1
  11. You may need to get a little cruel and lollipop if you get more than 2 secondary sides on your tops. One top and two offshoots makes the best speciman IMHO. More than 2 and it starts getting low lighty down there. Some strains have zero offshoots, but others will keep branching even after you are down to 8 tops. And some will have only one top that makes a perfect trident. Can't even cram the whole thing into a jar. Don't you just love it when every bud gets equal opportunity at light?

• Like Like x 3
  12. THIS is how I am to grow! I’m very manipulative with my plants, I enjoy bending them to MY will.

Can’t really mainline autos tho so that stinks :/ I could find one that has an extra long Veg period like Ogre comes to mind, might get a much smaller version of the mainline shown above :)

Nice work! I enjoyed the symmetry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Like 4 months of veg. I yield more each time I go up in pot size.

• Like Like x 1
  14. oh yes, I mainline all my autos. Not always to 8 tops, depends, but anybody can do a 4 top mainline auto. Those 4 tops can get very tall though and must be lst or suppercropped if grown in 5 gallon. Some are very easy to get to 8 tops before they shoot straight up. And then you kind of have a mini 8 plant sog.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. I agree 2 sites are perfect, makes is look like a true donkey dick lol. It's purple trainwreck by the way.

16. Yeah, I guess that would make watering a bit easier. What wattage are you running them at? Right now I'm running a mix of hid. MH and HPS 600 each, qb288 v2 2 board fixture at 260 watts,kind 450 that I'm borrowing I'm waiting on my driver for the 2 96s that I'm mounting like you did with yours.

17. I wasnt aware you could mainline an auto

18. yes, I always start right above 3rd node before 4th has fully formed. I remove all growth below third and usually top the two new tops above their first or second node and remove all growth below the 4 new tops. After that I may or may not get a third chance to take it to 8 tops. Just depends on individual plant really, even more than strain.

19. I watched a mainlining video on YouTube once and if I remember correctly, you gotta totally mangle the plant, yeah? Which I’m ok with if done correctly. But you really do remove a lot of growth and so on yeah?

• Like Like x 1