Main stem bent 90 degrees after ScrOG

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by rssxy, Jan 23, 2019.

1. just started doing my first ScrOG and I was wondering if it’s ok to leave this stem bent under the ScrOG net. I’m guessing it will heal on it’s own but want to make sure. The stems split in a few places but not completely broken off

Attached Files:

2. yes it will knuckle up and heal on its own, its still well connected to itself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Don't be so heavy handed! Massage the stem and slowly pull her over....

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I also waited too long I think to do it. The stem was pretty thick and rigid. From what I read you want to do it a lot sooner when they’re more pliable

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pinch/roll between finger the area u want to bend. Don’t break the skin but soften up inside and bend. Called Super cropping. Scary huh lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. True!!! :)
    If you aint broke a stem at least once, you aint doing it right ha!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. If you need to bend a stem that's too stiff just take some pliers and gently crush where you want a bend trying to avoid actually cutting it open. A few cracks is fine..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. #9 ZEROBS, Jan 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
    Good idea but I would take a washcloth or piece of cloth and put it between the pliers and plant so those little teeth don’t slice into stem

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Agree

10. Thanks for the reply i was thinking it may have been to tight.. the trellis net of course lol

11. Not sure they can be to tight. Ik store bought ones are prob pretty loose but I’ve seen some home made ones on here that looks like they could play a tune on

12. My step mom hangs a string with tennis ball on end from garage roof so when she pulls in and the ball touches window she knows it’s time to stop.

13. This is my first attempt at super cropping as well as ScrOG so if anyone has any tips I would appreciate it. The two tall ones are blueberry that I’m trying to keep from growing too much taller so the others can catch up. My strawberry cough has always been short and very bushy. The other is a freebie peyote cookies that went in a week after the rest because I broke the taproot on my white widow and had to start over. It is what it is at this point but any advice anyone can lend on getting an even canopy I would really appreciate

14. You want the net to be as tight as possible so the branches dont just push it out of the way.. obvioustly the purpose of the net is to keep the branches down.

15. I use mason string, very strong and it doesnt stretch. Comes in different thicknesses and colors. I get the thin 1/16ish thickness

16. Lastly.. it's important to actually weave it so the whole net is a actual weave net and the crosses dont lift from each other.. say you run the line 1 way and then the other way itll just be straight string on straight string and not be able to hold its shape as well as if its weaved..

After the net is done you should be able to pluck the middle of the net and the whole thing bounces together like a drum

2 inch squares aswell, you only want 1 node in a hole.. those store bought trellis nets have huge holes and I wouldn't even use one in a pinch

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Ah fuck. I didn’t weave it. Hope it doesn’t mess anything up. I did do 2” squares and used mason line tho

18. You'll be fine.. I forgot my first time.. the strings resting on top just wont have as much holding power and the strings will be able to move sideways much easier

• Like Like x 1
  19. Electric tape and wood skewers

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk