Main- lining

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Em8023, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Wow, i lost track of your time. Glad to hear you’re getting close. Are they what you expected?

Do you have a camera that can focus in on the trichs, so you can make good harvest decision?

2. I should I use a 420scope and they are starting to turn milky. I'll tell you when I get dry weight lol. It has been a learning experience. DWC requires some quick action, and you have to make sure you are treating the correct problem. I am going to try some autos my next two runs just to see what I can do there. After those two runs I'll go back to a set of 4 photos. The autos will be two Brooklyn sunrise and two blue dreamatic first run then second will be one and one of those with two turbo bud autos.

3. I’ve done the brooklyn sunrise, started it under leds, moved outside to finish, nice plant, good smoke.

4. I'm going to run them indoors again might not even trim them lol
    Going to try just LST on the autos.
    What kind of weight did you pull off her?

5. Definitely don’t top em.

I didn’t put in the effort to get high yield from mine, just 10.8g. With some scrog effort, prob 2+oz possible.

3E154A36-3B47-454B-8BB7-D34A55462214.jpeg

F5F4C1B2-B9AB-4221-8B9F-70410677F436.jpeg 3BC0DDCF-D065-4952-B9AD-2EDDC68244F3.jpeg

6. I have decided that I will be running them either 20/4 or 18/6 depends on how they react. May even add some more QB's when I run them.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Here is a shot of SC2 up close......
    image.jpeg
    She is so frosty!!! I can't wait!!!

8. Sure is frosty, can’t see from this pic what’s going on in individual trichs, tho.

Hope you have two things before harvest, if not already:

1. Idea of what you want: % clear, % cloudy, % amber

2. a scope that lets you see trichs well enuff to determine how they compare to 1.

If you have a good scope, use it on some dope you consider good, use that to help you determine 1.

9. I'm going with 70-90% white trying to hit that THC sweet spot I want it more towards the amber side but not heavy in it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. We will have a pic through the scope later tonight

• Like Like x 1
  11. super siver haze (2) and nyc sour diesel (2), planted about 1/4” in root riots, in 12-slot domed seed tray. Placed under canopy of white widows.

The root riots had dried out, so i soaked them in hydroguarded 6.0pH water with thrive alive b1 red (12.5mL/gal) for a few hours prior to planting seeds.

BDC59A50-94E9-494D-9990-996D37D18C3D.jpeg

12. #152 Or_Gro, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    White Widows: another major defol, was hoping to wait until end of wk3, but canopy just too thick.

Before
    20120723-D273-4350-8A76-04A252A48562.jpeg

After
    976133BE-9730-41DE-BF50-56A2564E2604.jpeg

Afterwards, i was better able to see what’s going on at nodes. As a result, i pulled mains outward and pulled inward the 3-6” long laterals on bottom 2 nodes. If i can manage the light well, will add 32 (2 nodes x pair of laterals x 8 mains) tips per plant with 3-5g/tip potential.

The pic doesn’t show it well, but should become evident over time.

315B87D7-24F5-4CBD-98EF-6C1D8EE0BF91.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey Or Gro, the tall thin black grill with the white bottom behind the plants, is that a standing fan or a heater? I know you are very good about circulation and avoiding too moist of an environment for your girls, can I ask what kind and how many circulating fans you are using in this tent? As you know I am looking to ultimately supplement my small 2 plant cabinet with a 4 plant grow tent (4'x4') and am trying to figure out how many circulating fans I will need in addition to the 8" inline exhaust fan. Thanks!

14. Oscillating pedestal fan (vornado brand), on an upside down bucket.

My tent is 3’x3’, i like having the extra 9-12” space in back when doing 2 plants, my exhaust fan hangs from top back there, freeing up entire height up front; and i can put other stationary/oscillating fans back there.

How many fans depends on: stat/oscill fan size, how big your growing space is, what size your exhaust fan is (cfm-wise), and what the environmental conditions (inside and outside of tent) are during mid- to late-flowering (i. e. how hot and humid with light and large plant(s) drinking/realeasing 1/2-2gals/day each vs ambient in room where tent is located).

In previous grow (3-4 plants) i didnt have as much space in back of tent, i used the vornado, 4 stationary 6” fans, 3-4 stationary 4” fans, external dehumidifier. Still had to manage powdery mildew (UVC).

I find exhaust fan can handle circulation through 12:12. After wk 3/big stretch is when humidity became a problem for me. At that point, i couldn’t generate enough fannage.

I really can’t tell you how many you’ll need. Size-wise you will be limited by the blade size and turning radius. But if i were growing 4 plants in a 4x4, under my conditions, i’d start by trying to fit an 8” oscil fan in each corner (2 about 2/3 of tent ht, 2 about 1/3 of tent ht, trying to generate a vortex).

You may have to go smaller/stationary due to available space, in that case you will need even more fans.

Also, think about how/where you will use each fan, so that you can determine how you will place/attach the fans where you intend to place them.

15. Great stuff, thanks very much. So if I read you correctly you had 7-8 fans in your 3'x3' tent (four stationary 6" and 3-4 stationary 4") when there were 3-4 plants in there. That is a lot of air moving around, how big and how many CFM is your inline exhaust fan? I am looking at a few options on that (Tjernlund M-6 @460 CFM, Active Air 6" @400 CFM, iPower Inline @ 442 CFM), for a 4'x4' with 3-4 plants do you think I need more than 400 - 450 CFM on the exhaust fan? Also you mentioned that your dehumidifier was external (i.e. outside the tent), how did that work for removing the humidity (my thought/plan was to put a small dehumidifier inside the tent)? From what I have read its best to have air circulating just above the tops of the plants & down below the canopy, and a dehumidifier somewhere in the middle of the tent if possible.........

16. #156 Or_Gro, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    If you look at the pics, the canopy was extremely dense. Small, stationary fans don't have much power to push air around in those conditions.

Single 6” exhaust fan, cant remember cfm, but probably 300-400 cfm. Dehumidifier outside tent, to lower rh to 35-40%, no room inside and generates heat.

Your plan sounds good.

Btw, i don’t mind answering your questions here, but you would get a much better perspective asking them in the sss forum, steak is an engineer, doc has a lot of mcgiver experience.

17. #157 Or_Gro, May 31, 2018
    White Widows (day 14/56-63): still adding nodes, but too slowly, so i changed my training strategy - let 2 pairs per main of bottom laterals become mains. Basically, a screenless scrog with mainline plumbing system.

One thing that i have learned, you have to be flexible, especially when doing a new strain. Therefore, design in flexibility (no screen, wheels, plant structure, etc.), and be willing to change your plan based on what happens..

Each of my buckets is completely unitized, can be trained, moved independent of tent or other buckets.

Plants at least 24”, but bent tops back to outside so laterals (bent inwards) can fill center. 32 lateral tops with eight 5-node pair mains per plant, currently.

98F45E5D-D254-4753-9E8E-7C351CB10FD0.jpeg

F74DD902-FACE-4DB9-8894-3368A0CD6D2B.jpeg

9961EE89-CF02-408C-9695-1213F4BB81D1.jpeg
    Lovin that flattop!

18. Great point as always and that is my plan once I get closer to actually buying & setting up the tent. Right now I am researching and compiling info, have a list of possible purchases for each of the main components (tent, lights, inline fan, circulating fan, commercial air pump, etc.) and before I pull the trigger I will ask advice in the SSS forum so as to utilize everyone great experience & knowledge.

• Like Like x 1
  19. #159 Or_Gro, May 31, 2018
    If you’re doing 4 plants per tent grow, think about a 5x5. You can never have too much tent space. Having extra footprint for access, fans, air circulation, etc. makes life a lot easier.

20. Absolutely, but based on my measurements a 4'x4' is all I can fit without some serious furniture rearranging/removal. Frankly if I had the space I would go even bigger (like 8'x10') or even use one of the spare bedrooms in my house as a full grow room, but my wife won't go for that. Before I purchase anything I will recheck my measurements and see what I can do, but I may have to reduce the number of plants to 2-3 (like you did) rather than get a larger tent.

• Like Like x 1