Main- lining

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Em8023, Oct 3, 2013.

1. This cheeze strain I'm working on seems to be a very hardy plant under fluctuating Ph levels, low-intensity CFL's and low CO2 so it will be interesting to see the outcome after I move it to flower under high-intensity LED. They say longer veg time = larger root mass = Large+Dense Buddage:-D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Big Buddha cheese is one of mine I've tried ML on and its an awesome plant looks great its my fav looking plant out the lot of them for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. i read some of the "main lining," thread at riu.  it seems it is really a time waster.  weeks cutting and waiting.....  no thanks, the returns aren't great enough.

4. ^great thorough read. Really goes in depth on the whole process and technique.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'm trying this technique with my latest batch of clones. Definitely takes longer in veg stage, but should save me some time with ongoing pruning. I'll post some pics.

6. Here are some pics of plants I'm growing now using the main lining technique. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448230051.014682.jpg

7. Here are my first three plants grown with this technique at harvest. These plants are all clones I rooted. All plants are grown in two gallon geo pots under platinum led p300 lights on sip trays. Finished plant height on each is 15 - 17 inches tall. Plants were switched to flowering as soon as eight branches were established and plants were about 8 - 10 inches tall. I'll post final dry harvest weight after drying.

Blue Rhino:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451243784.923786.jpg

Gorilla glue #4:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451244139.053652.jpg

Shishkaberry:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1451244206.462675.jpg

8. Total harvest from the three plants was just under three ounces of dried and trimmed bud.

9. I know I'm late but you can get the same results but I was able to get 1 pound off a sour diesel/white widow cross bread of my own, using the mainline method. Unfortunately I no longer have pics to post, they were lost in a phone that was destroyed.

10. Questions:
    What was your growing medium and lighting?
    If growing in soil, what was the volume of the container?
    How tall was your plant at harvest?
    How many branches from the main stem did you train?
    Thanks!

11. here is an update of mine pdx..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here is my latest plant harvested today grown using main lining technique. Girl Scout cookies with six main stems grown in soil under Platinum LED P300. Total plant height is 33 inches. Huge colas. I'll post final dry weight aft drying is complete. Girl Scout cookies stretches a lot in flower. I switched this to flower as soon as stems were established.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453251879.220371.jpg

13. I was using soil with a 600w hybrid ballast (used hps/mh accordingly). 5 gallon buckets, around 3 to 3 and a half feet tall it was an indoor grow so I only had 16 branches. I super cropped and used organic nutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Final dried bud weight for Girl Scout cookies is 1.9 ounces from the one plant. Below are examples of two buds from this plant.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453783654.662409.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Next harvested is chemdawg. Plant height is 21 inches with 9 main stems. I'll post final dried bud weight after drying is complete.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1453944242.888149.jpg

16. #38 Medi Cali, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
    I just started some Cookies Kush from seed around New Years, I've topped 3 times now and I feel like my bushes are super short. I'm going to be vegging for another month and a half so I'm hoping to have them 2-3 footers before putting in flower. here's a pic

[​IMG]

17. Nice! I can't wait to see them grow.

18. Do you know your dry weight yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app