Main- lining

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Em8023, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Wow i know mynes wont grow like that but this is my first try and i went in not expecting anything & now i see some results im all into it but i couldve done better & i will do better on my next 1.. promise!!

What do you think so far.. plz be nice lol!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. That’s not good for first time....that’s great!

You need some stronger lights to go with those fine pipes, but you're technique is off to a great start.

Keep working it, you’ll amaze yourself.

3. I just upgraded my lights wsitting for thd addition in the mail now.. trying to build a super flower room with stupid light in all the right spectrums eith 12band specs and 3500k specs.. im never going to grow more than 3-4 at a time so the way im lighting this space is going to be state of the art lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Running 2 vipar.. 300-340w each both on top using 9-12 band spactrum (perfect for flowering with uv & ir).. in a 32x32 with a 3500k full spectrum strips running down all 4 corner posts for side lighting.. its going to be effin great.. i cant wait to set it all up.. my only grow my plants about 2’ tall the most so this space will be the space of all spaces i hope lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Excellent, you’ll progress really fast with good lights.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Every top was done a node away from the last one (which was a bad idea with 32 colas) so they're single node distance from each other

The problem with doing that for 32 colas is they get too congested in the centre. 16 is perfect for my method and has worked well in the past

Yield was approx 4.5oz with 16 of the colas taken at 10 weeks before I went away on holiday and the other 16 taken at 12 weeks when I returned.

Each cola was probably 6" long by the time they were dried and before they were separated for curing

As far as how long it grew for, veg time took about 5 weeks to get to 32 then 10-12 weeks flower. Strain is a breed I've been working on for the last 2 year's or so (completely smell free in veg and flower)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thanks man!

8. You create main lines of the misses trunk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

9. What was the question Hunter2348.. i looked back acouple pages and cant see it.. i always answer to the best of my knowledge so if you want i can try & help out!!

What was the question buddy??

If it had to do with mainlining then here the basics of what i know..

If im wrong someone plz help educate us more!!

Mainlineing from what ive learned its a form of training that helps create multiple main trunks that have the potential to be munipulated to create lots of colas..

Often discribed as manifolding.. hence that it looks like a manifold lol.. abit technical but very easy once you get started(i did it. Anyone can) lol..

10. [​IMG]
    Yeah. Got it lmao/:-()smoke less
    I was replying ABOUT the process
    Not asking what it was
    Thanks tho[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

11. topped then 3 branches came from that (dk how).. went ahead and started bending after and cut everything else off except the 2 big fan leaves on top.. & toped the tops that came from the 3 branches to make more & more colas (some made branches to form other colas on them also)..

I didnt want her too big as she was just a try out at first from a free unknown bag seed..

But everything else that grew in i kept tying down you know how that goes.. is their a different way i couldve went about it

12. I plan on doing Nugbuckets' mainlining technique on my next grow with 5 plants. I've read a lot of this thread and I apologize if I missed it, but can someone experienced in mainlining tell me at what point is flowering started?

13. You get all your mains, then let it go vertical to whatever height you want (usually based on your available ht and the amount of stretch your strain typically does), when you reach that point go 12:12.

Here’s a good tutorial, in case you haven’t seen it:
    Main-Lining Tutorial on Training Marijuana Plants | Grow Weed Easy

14. Thanks. :) I've read that tutorial and the Nugbuckets tutorial many times and there isn't a mention of when to flip - unless I missed it.

15. Yep, i know it isn’t mentioned. It’s diff for everyone dt diff available ht in growspace and specifics of strain being mainlined

Nugbuckets grew his plants in a very confined space, took them out to greenhouse/outside, used mainly short indicas.

Most people w/ ht constraints 12:12 at somewhere around 10-14”, expecting plant to stretch 100-200% after 12:12.

Look your strain up on leafly, if you don’t know it’s expected stretch. Figure out what max ht you can grow before your light starts burning the tips. Use this info to help you identify how tall you can be at 12:12.

16. Thanks.

17. All the best to you, post some pics of your mainlined girls....

18. Smell free during veg and flower, we’re can I get some of those

19. Last training session.. flowering in 2 weeks.. waitting for all the internodes to turn to tops so thay can be colas.. then with the 2 week stretch she should be perfect for buddibg..

Not sure what to expect during flowering as this is my first mainline/manifold grow but im hopeing for a great yeild..

Wish me luck!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1