Main-lining and repotting question

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by TylerDaGrower, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Hi,
    I'm planning towards my second grow cycle, and I'm planning to try main-lining and I have some questions.
    My tent size is 60X60X160 (m), I have a 150W LED, planning to add another one, with 4 plants till flowering
    in my first grow I repotted my plants only once while they were maybe 2 weeks old into 3 gallons pots, it probably slowed them down because the pot was to big for them.
    This time when I'm growing from seed, how should I plan my pot sizes? is it problematic repotting a plant while it's in main-line training? should I try a 1 gallon pot before moving to something bigger?
    Also, a small question regarding main-lining, I saw a tutorial where they top the plants only twice (instead of 3), leaving the 1st and 3d nodes in each of the 2 main branches thus resulting in 8 main colas, has anyone ever tried it, or even better has a video about this exact method? supposedly topping only twice is less traumatic and saves time in veg.

2. I've been germing in a standard jiffy pot and transplanting to a 5 gallon for final. I used to use a 1 gallon as an intermediate but once you get more comfortable transplanting up to a bigger pot, you can just water in the 5 gallon with little amounts.

3. If a 3 gallon is the final pot I don't think you would gain much by having an extra repotting in the middle. I assume you are not looking for huge plants.