Main line / fimming combo?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by stonedchevy, Nov 25, 2013.

1. was thinking of mainlining in the beginning to get around 6-8 colas then fim each one of them. Would that work good or is that a little overkill? Also, something important to mention is that this will be somewhat of a micro grow since im limited on space

2. It sounds like overkill to me. I generally figure 8 colas is the max you want on an indoor plant that's not a ScrOG, especially for a micro grow.

Why mainline in this case? Why not just top the plant twice and stick her in flower? You can supercrop any branches that grow too tall, forcing any tall branches down and away from the center of the plant.

3. @,stonedchevy; im first time grower. Can you help with main line tutorial??

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Yes i already read that. Thank you though. I'm just looking for a more in depth step by step throughout the grow.. ill keep on updating throughout the season...plants are two weeks old all have 3rd nodes already starting 4th

5. Did you read the entire article? I honestly had never heard of main lining before and after reading it I feel like I could do it with no issues...and I'm not green thumb either.

6. I swear i did lol. But ill just wait until my girls r a bit older and go bck to the tutorial