Main Line/1st grow/Coconut Coir/Fem-WW and Fem-NL/400Watt

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by bchs16, Feb 21, 2016.

1. So I am growing a a small tent 2.5'x2.5'x6' tent with a 400W MH light for veg and I have a 400W HPS for flower.

Plant on the left is a feminized WW from Crop King and plant on the right is a feminized NL from Sensi Seeds.

Germinated on January 25 using towel and plates. On January 27 I transplanted into the coco growing medium inside small jiffy pots. Let them grow in these jiffy potts until last week ( February 15).

Issues with Jiffy Pots:

When the roots were noticed poking through the pots I cut away the pots to transplant into the 2 gallon containers. In the process some of the root tips were stuck and torn off... Dont use jiffy pots:( This slowed down their growth substantially!

Temperature range is 18 degrees C at night and the highest during the day reaches 28 degrees C. Relative Humidity was an issue as its dry here ( ~ 18-20%). In the grown tent I have a small humidifier which keeps the RH between 30-50%.

Had the 400W MH light running at 50% until today when I turned the ballast to 100%. Noticed the WW appears to have overwatering issues as seen by the drooping.

The light is on an 18/6 schedule and I run the 4" fan randomly throughout the day. I will eventually put the inline fan on a timer but with the light running 50% it was not needed.

PH is between 5.5-6.5, trying to get that narrowed down with a digital pH meter now being utilized.

For nutrients I started the seedlings with General Organics BioThrive and CaMG+ at 1/4 strength and have remained at this strength since. I also have GO's Bio Bud for flower. I am using General Hydroponics pH adjuster series to maintain a desirable tap water pH level.

So I am currently on day 27 from seed.

The Blue container is a bin full of herbs ( Oregano, Wheat Grass, Lavender, Parsley, Dill and Chives) that my gf decided to plant in there

Any suggestions? [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Plant growth has been minimal since transplanting. Yellow leafs, drooping. Overwatering issues maybe? [​IMG][​IMG]

3. So tonight is the first night I am going to go with the recommendations. Watered with about a L until 20% run off and did a full nutrient pump with that. Well not full but 50% of recommended for CaMg and Biothrive. pH is 5.97. See if things change for the best.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Plants have absolutely taken off!! Watering twice a day until run off. I just started the main line procedure so trimmed them down to the third node and cut everything off below. See how things turn out.

5. [​IMG][​IMG]

6. [​IMG][​IMG]

7. Cut back down again. So I have one more cut to produce 8 colas from what I understand. I bent the one side of the white widow to much and it snapped two days ago. Taped it up but I have no clue if it will hold or not. I will top one more time then I will let it veg some more. Been watering twice a day with full nuts.

8. [​IMG]

First photo is the NL. You can now see the 4 potential grow sites. Have it tied down to the main stem.

[​IMG]

Second photo is top view of the WW, 4 potential grow sites now.

[​IMG]

Third photo is a side view of the broken stem (broken about 7 days ago), and the bent down limb to the right. Taped up and the broken side has been growing faster than the unbroken side .

[​IMG]

4th photo is a top view of the NL. Showing how low the height is and the ease it is to LST and Mainline this strain. 4 growth sides easily visible.

Below photo are some dill, oregano, parsley and chives... A lavender is in there somewhere too. Tent smells of dill and weed.[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

Ok so this looks like a massive cluster around the main stem. Is this okay to have this while main lining? Should I try different spots to tie off from? [​IMG]

The second photo is the WW. Just finished the 3rd cut so should be good to let veg now for another week and then I will likely start to flower. This should give the broken stem in the white widow about 14 days to recover. May veg a bit longer I will see how things shape up.

10. [​IMG]

Cleared out the fan leaves and tied down to the bucket now. Can anyone explain to me based on this photo if I should have 4 main colas or 8?

[​IMG]

The above photo is a close up of the one of the four main shoots. If this makes sense at all? I believe each main shoot had 2 growth tips right?

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG][​IMG]
    Two photos of the WW. First photo has the third set of fan leaves and second photo these are removed.

Should I remove the growth tips below now as shown in photo 3?[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Did this help your plants take off ?
    And when you watered with an L until run off was it just R/O water ?

Looks great so far happy growing

13. [​IMG][​IMG]

I believe the watering twice a day is why the plants took off. That was great advice. I think I have built a nice main so we will see how his works out.

14. I have been using tap water in my watering schedule.

15. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I changed the MH bulb out for a HPS today. Thinking it may give the plants more stretch. Trying to get the growth sites above the plant trainer wires before I flower.

First two photos are the NL and last two photos are the WW. The NL was so easy to create a main line from! Had issues with the WW most likely due to stem breakage. Temperature in the tent is 22C/72F and 37% RH. I am approaching. About 5 weeks for total Veg time and expect to start flowering in the next week or so.

Just watered with plain PHed water today to clean out any chance of salt build up. Will water once more with this tonight. Tomorrow will go back to full nutrient water.

HPS light has orange!!! Big difference compared to the blueish hue of the MH.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Looking good in here. :smoke: I like this "mainline" style of growing. Back in the day we used to just call it topping with LST. I might try it with one of my WW this round. I'm interested to see how your NL does. :smoke:

17. Thanks. Once I kick the plants into flowering I will remove the herb garden. Will be able to clean up the space and provide more room.

18. Have you grown either of these strains before?

19. This is my first grow for anything. I want to be optimistic on what I can yield. Honestly hoping for two ounces per plant. Who knows though:)

20. [​IMG]

The plants or growing great. The HPS seems to be pulling some height out of the NL, the WW doesnt seem to be stretching as much. I trimmed out a few fan leaves. I an guessing by the end of the month I will be flowering.