Mailing A Bowl?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MiloV, Jun 30, 2010.

1. I go to college 12 hours from home. I bought a bowl in my home state and have to fly back to school in September. I've read other threads about flying with a bowl in luggage and decided that's a bad idea.

What about mailing it? If I clean it and remove most of the resin and tightly pack it into a box - can I mail it? Is this a bad idea? Is mail checked? X-rayed? Drug dogged?

I would like to take my nice new bowl to college and not buy another for there, but, don't want to risk anything by mailing myself a bowl across state lines.

2. clean it completly spotless (no res no anything) and then your fine to ship it

3. Just clean it out but you don't have go crazy about cleaning it because its not like they have dogs sniffing every package being delivered.

4. ^^ What he said. You could even just clean it and put some bubble wrap around it and put it in your luggage. Bowls are meant for tobacco after all ;)

5. Yeah basically what everyone else has said. If it's SPOTLESS you can just put it in your luggage.

If it's not clean, leave it home. Don't bring it and don't ship it.

6. This is true.

7. I've sold glass and shipped it across the country multiple times. Just clean it with simple green, pack it up and ship it USPS. I'm pretty sure they need a warrant to search any package, and in all honesty postal workers really don't care too much.

8. And if you want to be really really safe (maybe even a little paranoid) you can ship it with a little piece of paper that says "for tobacco use only" which is what grasscity shop does to get their pieces through customs.

9. Yes they very much need a warrant to search a package... even to xray with a person onlooking. I was surprised to find that out first hand when a federal postal inspector met me at my local post office to investigate a package I received from China while in jail for drug trafficking.

All he had the power to do was ask me what was inside. I offered to open it in from of him and he said that would be inappropriate.

10. Not really you can ship it as long it is fairly clean because they don't x-ray or have dogs sniff the mail unless there is a reason to or if it is being shipped to a military or something like that

11. Yup and you'd be committing a felonious federal offense. You ever been inside a postal sorting facility? Back of a postal truck? Those boxes get HOT and its summer time. Even a little bit of resin in a hot, stuffy box would reek... in and outside of the box.

Yeah so great suggestion :rolleyes:.... risk imprisonment to transport what is probably a $40 pipe tops.

12. Yea i now i was saying to clean good enough were the resin is gone but you don't need to clean like 5 times which what some people suggested

13. Nobody suggested that.

Simple wash with 420cleaner or the green liquid and it'll be fine.