Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Magnesium deffiecncy

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by danbigbud123, Jan 7, 2013.

1. This might be a silly question but can i dilute a bit of milk in to the plants feed to solve the problem of a magnesium defficency?

2. Never heard of someone trying that. The safer solution would be to just buy some Calmag. I know you can spray your plants with dilluted milk and water to help prevent a plant from getting PM or help prevent it from spreading to other plants.

3. #3 waktoo, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    Unless you're growing organically, I doubt that it would work. Chem' grows do not support microbial life. Without microbial breakdown, the mag' (and everything else) will not be made into a bio-available form for the plant to use. Epsom salts will do the trick. I'll try to find the correct ratios for you.

wak

Edit: I would suggest looking up mix ratios yourself. It varies from plant to plant. I figure you'll be safe at around 1-2 Tbls/gallon. I rarely experience defficiencies, so I don't know for sure, but I've read that this works as a foliar spray as well as a soil drench.

4. Thanks for that its my bottom leaves that are turning yellow i have put it down to magnesium deficancy as my ph is fine nutes im using is fine and cant think of any other reason why they are yellow only 1 plant has done it its 3 weeks old and showing sex already

5. Are you able to post pic's? They help a ton when trying to diagnose nutrient deficiencies. Just 'cause your leaves are yellowing doesn't mean it has to be a deficiency. Adverse environmental factors can make your plants do abnormal things. At this point in your grow cycle, you shouldn't be having issues if you're providing EVERYTHING the plant needs.

wak

6. I can post some pics tomorrow if thats ok i put it down to a defeciancy because everything else is spot on temp between 60 and 75 ph of water 6.5 600 watt light 12 inches away from plants humidity 40 watering evry 3-5 days light cycle 18/6 and its only 1 plant out of 9 that is turning yellow? Pics will be up tomoz

7. Until tomorrow...

8. I have opened a new thread with pics th thread is called why are my leaves turning yellow please have a look thanks bro

9. Doesn't sound like mag, that wouldn't concentrate on lower leaves. Sounds like nitrogen def...