MAGICAL Iguana Juice

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ForbinsAscent, Nov 15, 2011.

1. #21 Downgirl2182, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    Couldn't have said it better MIW. The very best fertilizer(hate that word now too lol) is what you make with your own hands and heart. I myself have some borage and yarrow growing right now and still have some lavender, wheat grass, alfalfa, and flax seeds waiting to be planted once I move the rest of my clones and veg plants into the 4x4 tent today. I plan on growing some super sprouts and making FPEs of them and then letting the rest of the herbs grow full size and then throw them into my worm bin. :D I couldn't see any and I mean ANY product on the market in a damn bottle that would even come close to my own compost and homemade amendments. For one I know what is going in it and I have a chance to check up on everything everyday to make sure there isn't bad mold or bugs hanging around in my compost bin. This is Mother Nature at her best. Cannabis has grown successfully for thousands of years without the contamination of man and by pure luck and by the natural process of the the mighty Mother Nature. I can hardly wrap my head around the fact that people some people believe that because a amendment or fertilizer comes from a nice pretty bottle that it will do better than natures own ferts. Yes it may grow bigger and have more yields but at what cost? The cost of your Health, the Health of the Earth and the cost of your hard earned money. Organic growing in my eyes is all about self sufficiency and learning and trying what you can to keep as close to how mother nature does if at all possible. Ok I see I just ranted. I will now GTFO lol

2. yeah compost teas are great!!!! how do you make it with such little space i live in an apartment, but i want to make compost . how? and if compost isint a reality, whats a good altrnative ? or are thier any?are you going to tell us how to make it and use it?

3. #23 WeeDroid, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2011
    As an apartment dweller, your best bet, for simplicities sake, would be to just buy a good quality soil mix and some really high quality ewc's. If you want to go a bit more hard core, get a 5 layer stackable wood worm bin and learn to make your own ewc's. Another element you can add in is learning how to do Bokashi, and precompost your food scraps before feeding them to your worms.

If you are so inclined to go this way, read the sticky here on vermicomposting (making ewc's).

If you use a high quality soil mix and outstanding ewc's you don't really need a compost tea IMO.

If you really want to make your own compost, the 2nd best food for worms making ewc's, consider buying a small compost tumbler. The problem here is that it's a bit tricky making thermo compost in such a small volume. Thermo compost can be ready to use in a month under ideal conditions. You may be able to buy good quality compost or get free compost from your cities recycling program.

4. I live in a crammed apartment myself and I have a nice rubbermaid worm bin for compost. Here is a great site to learn about vermicomposting and how to make a small worm compost bin. Enjoy!Getting Started

5. ok i will .. ive wantting to use real organics for a while.. and whith your guyses help maybe i can get some more quality, flavour. im using iguana juice with enyimes and benificials, cal mag,honey es, and b cuzz bloom. grown in basiclly sunshine 4 with a bag of ocean forest mixed in.oh and i use andvanced horiculters (yellow bottle) potasium sillicate, to ph up, RO water. how did you start out making compost ? tell some stories. i live by a farm, that sells produce to the pulic, what do i say? whould that be a good place to start lookin for compost?

6. This link may help with composting ideas.

Chapter 1 - Don't Bag It™ | Aggie Horticulture®

The stickies also would make an excellent starting point....MIW

7. say, whats the best stuff i can get for this $$$ (wave 2 AJ's)$$?

8. huh? what does that mean?:confused:

9. A hooker and a bottle of patron, exactly eight lemons, shake and stir well