Magic flight power adapter customer service question.

Discussion in 'General' started by fullpampers, Dec 6, 2017.

1. So my power adapter for my magic flight launch box broke after 5 months of use...

I use it once a day for 4-6 hits, so i'm not that big of a user.

I tested the wall adapter and it is fine. The problem is the part with the voltage regulator and the "plug" with the switch that you put in the battery hole of the MFLB.

I contacted Magic flight and since i am not under the 90 day warranty, they won't exchange it.

On their website I can't buy just the part I need. I've asked them if they would just sell me the part that is broken and they tell me all they can do is give me 25% discount if buy a new one...

that ends up saving me about 12$...

Is this normal? I thought they were supposed to have top shelf customer service... If It had been a year or two after buying it, i'd say the 25% deal was pretty cool on their part. But I'm past the warranty by 2 months, and the thing broke after 5 months of "as intended" use...

Am I right for being pissed at this? I'm not even asking them to replace it for free, I have no problem buying the part from them but they won't sell it to me... I have to buy a whole new power adapter kit from them...

2. Hello, my name is John...Like John Wayne. I'll be assisting you today.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?:coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah... I bought the MFLB because it looked simple, had a lifetime warranty and with the power adapter, I was bypassing batteries altogether.

I thought they had good customer service, but I have to say, I am really disappointed...

I am going to try and repair it, my money is on the flimsy switch on the part you put in the battery hole. And if that's what broke, I speaks greatly of the quality of the build...

The actual vaporizer is cool and works well. Hopefully if it ever breaks they will honour their warranty.

But as of now, for customer service, Magic Flight is a major let down...

4. I got my mflb AND the power adapter replaced, both times customer service was AMAZING and super friendly. I'm sorry to hear about your PA breaking, but I would wait the 90 days or whatever and then submit a claim and get it replaced. Stick with the batteries for now. I know, the batteries can't hold a candle to the PA but try to make the best of it.

5. I’m past the 90 day period by something like 70 days.

Like i said, I would gladly buy the part, but they won’t sell it to me. Buying a whole new unit isn’t really appealing since mine broke so quick even with normal use... i mean it’s either in my drawer or i use it once a day for 4-6 hits so it’s not like it was banged around or overused.

I’m using batteries for now, i’ll try to repair my PA once i have a minute. If I can’t i’ll either keep using batteries or buy the whole damn unit again...

I keep reading that they have good customer service, but sadly, so far i’m not impressed.

6. The lifetime warranty should be able to replace it..

7. lifetime warranty is on the vaporizer, not the power adapter.

8. No, the PA has a lifetime warranty too! I know because I had to get mine replaced and they replaced it hassle free.

9. maybe you got lucky, or it used to be a lifetime warranty. But on the website it specifically says 90 day warranty, and that's what the customer service is telling me. And that's why they are refusing to help me out, or even just sell me the part I need.

I opened the box with the voltage regulator and that's where the problem seems to be. I'm getting 12v at the input put nothing at the output. So I'm guessing something blew on the board... Which sucks because I'm only 2 months after their 3 months warranty...

I don't want to by another P.A. only to have it crap out in 5 months and be at the same point...

I'll see if I can isolate what blew on the board and change the part. Or I might reuse some parts and make a voltage regulator altogether...

I'm seriously disappointing with the company... I used to recommend it, now not so much...

10. I just checked their website, it looks like they have a newer PA (mine is version 2.0) and I guess that one only has a 90 day warranty. Interesting, now I wonder if my PA is still under lifetime warranty.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. lifetime means lifetime. if you have it on paper i'm pretty sure that's a binding contract. if not, it should be.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just to close the thread,

Magic flight won't exchange the PA. Best they can do is give me 25% off a next one. which is ridiculous...

Looking into forums and the MFLB reddit. almost everyone seems to have their PA break, some get lucky and get an exchange, some don't. All with varying lengths of time before the thing breaks.

I saw a post by Magic Flight on reddit addressing the warranty change from lifetime to 90 days, saying that the PA is going to break, and they can't give a lifetime warranty...

From what I can tell, what broke on mine is the relay/switch that is inside the "battery" part. I might try do open the "battery" part but it's probably going to be tiny surface mount electronics.

So i'm officially switching to batteries, buying a pack of batteries here and there is going to cost me less than buying a PA every 5 months...

So my advice for those who are looking into buying the PA: don't... It was cool while it lasted, but it doesn't last...