Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Magic butter machine

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Grobro87, Sep 28, 2018.

1. if you enjoy edibles and want an easy way to make your own butter/oil/tincture this thing the best. Super easy to use, little to no smell and it isn’t too messy. If anyone is on the fence about getting one I’d say go for it, you won’t regret the purchase!

Attached Files:

2. This isn’t a plug for the magic butter machine, just wanted everyone to hear an actual opinion on the machine.

3. Maybe you could tell us what you made or how you made it. Right now it's just a plug for the MBM.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I would like to hear more about the machine ..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I make butter after each grow using the shake, leaves and airy buds. Depending on the strength you want your butter you can add more buds. Every batch I’ve made so far has been pretty potent stuff. To be honest I’ve never made butter any other way but it sounds like it can be a time consuming and messy process. Basically to use the butter machine you decarb your product in the oven, add it to the machine along with a few lbs of butter. Set the time and temperature and away you go. The machine is sort of like a crockpot that seals airtight so the smell stays contained inside. It heats and has a grinder in it to help mix and break down everything inside. It’s a little noisy but other than that pretty awesome. Once the timer goes off you pour the mixture through a cheese cloth type of strainer and your done! I put the butter into Tupperware containers and store it in the freezer until I’m ready to use it. I’ve kind of got a handle on judging the strength of each batch although the first few times testing my cookies were pretty wild. Like I said before, pretty potent stuff!

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. It's biggest drawback is the two cup minimum to run a batch. The way I make my Edible oil it's another useless toy.
    1 tablespoon of oil made my way is 30 doses and all that oil an MBM needs to operate would only give me the runs.
    Number two is you still need an oven to decarb the Cannabis and you can just use the oven for the second step.

Toaster oven = 30 bucks new or 5 at the thrift store
    Stainless steel cat food dish = $2.95

MBM = $100-$150 And you still need an oven.

5 grams hash (decarbed) (240 F for 40 minutes).
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    .5 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done
    30 doses
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I’ve never tired making oil with it, I should give it a try. Your method seems pretty simple, does it stink up the house quite a bit? When I decarb my product in the oven the whole neighborhood smells like Woodstock..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Decarbing and cooking in the oven does smell but it is a very easy and effective way to infuse your cannabis. I tried a Sous Vide method just for shits and giggles and while it worked took way longer and was way more effort than the oven. I live in a townhome and I bet other units smell when I am decarbing and infusing...I just don't really care since I am a medical patient

• Like Like x 1
  9. I never thought to try the sous vide, that’s a smart idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Have you ever heard of this machine before? My cousin was a medical patient and has since passed away. His wife gave me a lot of his old stuff as he was paralyzed from the neck down so I did all his growing for him. I’ve tried it a few times but it’s just too small to be worth while, I know they’re damn expensive so it’s a shame.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. I haven't tried one of those since they seem really expensive for something that just decarbs but if it does it well and can decarb an ounce of flower at a time it sounds pretty sweet. I never do more than an oz of flower at a time but just couldn't justify spending over 200 bucks on something my oven can do just as well

• Like Like x 1
  12. For sure, I agree. It was given to me so the price wasn’t an issue. I couldn’t justify paying that kind of money for it either, I think the only reason they bought one in the first place was to try to keep their kids from knowing what was going on.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I've heard good things about this machine, just here and there on the forum, can't give references.

14. It works very well. The downfall is your limited as to how much you can decarb at once. It has a pretty small capacity. Also it’s outrageously priced at $260 Canadian.

• Like Like x 1

15. I could do with a handful of them right now dude I think it'd kick the shit out of my pain

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. happy to see this thread today! I ordered my MBM this morning, along with all sorts of silicone molds and gelatin mixes and lecithin packets. I have used the machine a few times thanks to a buddy having one. I generally use an ounce for 2 cups of butter and it always translates to a very strong edible when the butter is just used as per a recipe in cookies or something like that. need to get an estimated mg per cookie though. excited to try making gummies. I've been getting gummies consistently for the past few weeks and decided to just make my own!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nice! I litterally just made a batch of cookies! It took my a while to find a decent cookie recipe without making them too strong. The one I found calls for a cup of butter so I use 1/2 a cup of special butter and 1/2 a cup of regular butter. I usually just tell friends to eat half if they’re wanting to try them. One whole cookie knocks me on my ass and puts me to sleep! Let me know how the gummy bears turn out, I’ve never tried that but it’s a great idea.

• Like Like x 1
  18. They put you to sleep because of the long cook odds are.

Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture

Most people I give them to complain they can't sleep for hours until the stone wears down.
    As to dosing it's always better to under dose and work up slow as to much to fast isn't fun.

1 gram = 1000mg so if your weed was say 15% THC content it has 150mg of THC per Gram.

Colorado edibles are limited under state law to 10mg per Candy, Cookie, Brownie, Single serving.

Next is individual tolerance to edibles in general. Some people are real lightweights while others require more. A lot more. My wife likes 5mg while I need more like 100mg for an edge of green ride.
    Took a lot of trial and error to find out how little my wife needed for a nice time.
    Once you've taken to much it's all to late and all you can do is ride it out.
    Always decarb first 240 F for 40 minutes
    Grind to dust
    Add to oil
    It's actually ready now but a short 15-20 minutes heat is all that I add working with 15 grams of hash and 3 tablespoons of oil. That makes 90 capsules of 100mg each.

Longer cooks make it sleepy and I don't want or need a sleep aid.
    More oil ehhh I don't need all that oil in my diet and you don't need any more oil then to make sludge with.
    When I first combine the kief and oil it looks like not enough oil to fully wet the hash but it does after a few seconds of stirring.
    [​IMG]
    Put a dish of these out instead or in addition to other edibles and make them all around 10mg and put up signs on how much mg per edible. If your all tokers it's great fun but do keep track of how many. LMAO

Remember it can take 2 hours or more to take full effects and smoking will amplify the effects drastically. So that can work both for and against you. If your at the 2 hour point and Don't feel anything take a toke or two and see if that boots the edible in the ass.
    On the other hand if the edible is already feeling intense avoid smoking as this can send you out past the edge of comfort and it's a long way down. Hours before you are remotely back to Earth.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Agreed. It works very well. I purchased it because I live in an apartment building. It does a wonderful job not letting my neighbors know what I’m up to.

The only con, like mentioned is the size. I usually have to break an oz into two sessions, but I’ll take that over having my apartment smell like bud.