Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

magic brownies didn't work!!!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Hashish man, Aug 29, 2011.

1. hello stoners
    last week i made hash brownies for me and my friends to eat , but i guess i made some mistake and it didn't work...
    in my county it is very hard to find weed , hash of all kinds is what you can usually find here.. i was using a very good kind of hash in the brownies , when i smoked it i got very high , but when i ate the brownies i didn't feel anything...
    what i did was , i took a pack of chocolate and 200 grams of butter and mixed them together , then i put it in the microwave to make it nice and hot , and when it was all melting toghether i put in chunks of crushed hash and mixed them in until they melted.... the amount of hash i used is enough for 6 joints and we got 15 pieces of brownies
    the brownies tasted like hash , wich proofs it did melt , but even when i ate six pieces in a row there was no high what so ever... someone told me that it has to do with the hash mixing with the sugar in the chocolate... he said if i had made the cannabutter beforehand and then mixed in the chocolate it would have worked...
    explenation anyone?

2. #2 BadKittySmiles, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2011

Not necessarily.. most hash, should taste like hash, whether it's raw or has been heavily/properly processed! I'm sorry your edibles didn't turn out as well, as you'd hoped.

It sounds as though you didn't process for nearly long enough, nor did you decarb your material.

Decarboxylation is the process of removing the carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor. This causes cannabinoid conversion, and potentiates your cannabinoids converting them from their less active, or inactive acids forms.

But that is only step one, of the 'two step' process that is required, when it comes to making a potent canna oil. You must then break down that glandular material in as pure an 'edible solvent', as possible, in order to promite bioavailability.

Cannabis glandular material is notoriously difficult for the body to absorb all on its own, even when it is properly activated, and even if appears to be in a 'gooey and sticky' near-liqiud state. The solvent you use, serves two purposes; besides breaking down the glandular material, it serves as a 'vehicle' and aids in cellular permeability, allowing the delivery of cannabinoids into the blood stream.
    Bioavailability can be accomplished in your edible solvent at room temp, over the course of several weeks (or even months), or over the course of several hours using a very gentle heat source. The more intense the heat, the more degradation will occur, before you even achieve bioavailability.

The less you process, to a certain extent, the less the effect. This is why we have so much dosage discrepancy, and so many failed edible stories.. worst-case-scenario (under-processed) edibles, require much, much more material, to achieve the desired effect.

And those who smoke regularly, have bodies which are accustom to the rapid delivery provided by smoking, a non-bioavailable oil will not be able to 'keep up' almost regardless how much material was used.
    This is why 'worst-case-scenario' edibles work so well for infrequent users, and those with low tolerance, but generally they don't touch those who partake daily or multiple times, per day.

Cannabis should be much more powerful when eaten, than it is when smoked, but this can only occur with the correct processing.

To learn how to make this (or your trimmings, or your hash...)

[​IMG]

Into, this...

[​IMG]

See the link below:

(First Page, contains detailed information on decarboxylation, or cannabinoid conversion..
    decarboxylation is the process of activating your cannabinoids 'potency' by removing the
    carboxyl group in the form of carbon dioxide and water vapor, converting your cannabinoids
    from their acid, to their more potent delta forms):

Photo Tutorial: Highly Activated Med Grade Bioavailable Canna & Hash Oil, Edibles, Drinkables and more...

The best oils, produce little to no odor during processing, if sealed properly and heated and cooled correctly. You can easily put it in any boxed brownie mix... be sure to read the final paragraph for detailed dosage information.

The first page of the thread, is almost entirely devoted to making edible oil, using hash. Whether it is an extract/concentrate, or dry sift, it will very likely still need decarbing (some concentrates are decarbed already, if the solvent used was over-evaporated, using heat), and they will all certainly still need adequate processing-time in oil.

(photo-excerpts, from the above tutorials...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Good luck, and have fun! [​IMG]