Mag? Over watering? pH? Organic grow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by miiiiike, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Hey, I've been starting a few strains this past 2 weeks and have noticed some "issues" the past few days in my 2x4. This is my first organic run so I am using Coco perlite as a base and added blue ribbon organic compost, organic worm castings, DTE kelp meal and bat guano. I water with regular tap since I don't have an R/O installed and it's a apparently illegal federally to collect rain water....the pH of my tap is 7.5 so I have to lower it with rice vinegar to 6.5. I thought I was a deficiency so I top dressed 2 days ago with compost, kelp and guano and am now waiting for that to break down to become bioavailable to my plants. After watering my amendments in I noticed the wilt become worse which is leading me to think it's overwatering. I haven't checked the pH of my run off though so I'll have to edit when I do that. As of right now could it possibly be over watering? I usually wait til my pots are dry and water til runoff but maybe at this stage less water at once? It's just tough cause I can't physically see the roots and soil below the surface... I'm currently waiting for the pots to dry completely. I also raised the lights the other day (spider farmer sf200) about 3-5 inches since I noticed yellowing and curling from the light. Should I lower my light back down to help the drying or will that further stress my ladies?
    P.s.
    What REALLY leads me to think it's too much water is that my plants were fine until I started watering until runoff. Once I got more runoff, the wilt and deficient look came IMG_20211028_101245195_HDR.jpg IMG_20211028_101252056_HDR.jpg IMG_20211028_101300595_HDR.jpg IMG_20211028_101328587_HDR.jpg IMG_20211028_101334183_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. ****Edit*** I have been pH'ing my water to 6.2/6.3. just read a chart where that range could lock out cal and mag (lol) gonna adjust next watering and see what happens

Sent from my moto g stylus (XT2115DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. There is ye a good chart you can download.

Ph chart.jpg

4. I've yet to see a successful grow using coco with compost.........they have different pH requirements for proper nutrient uptake.
    Good luck.