Madison,WI 08 outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by balla, Oct 14, 2008.

1. #1 balla, Oct 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2008
    this was a bagseed grow from some good herbal that was goin around, germinated the seed, dug out the grown, threw in some nice walmart soil and it came out a feemale. well its been about 4 months..was planted really late like late june. about 6 weeks into flowering but probably going to pick it in about a week because its supposed to start getting cold. startin to get alot of trichs and has a very earthy/fruity smell..anyways here are some pics..let me know what you think

not the greatest..from my phone

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. you trim the leaves?

3. looks that way to me... nice plant with the trim'd leaves it dont even really look like a plant

4. yeah i trimmed all the leaves recently to get all the buds as much sun as possible before i harvest.

5. never trim the leaves unless you are trying to get light to the inner leaves...and clearly thats not happening here. you should have let it be and you would get more bud.

6. whats the difference? i trimmed off all of the huge fan leaves..and the very tips of some leaves in order to get sun to lower spots on the plant.

how will that affect overall yield? its already late in the season and buds are small as it is. so what could it have hurt?

7. and you cant really tell from the pictures. but the only side i trimmed leaves on is the side the sun is coming from...so yes cannbisblunt, i did trim the leaves to get more sun to the inner parts

8. those leaves are the energy source for the buds. honestly, you are probably going to get 1/2 the yield you would have had you not trimmed them. it doesnt look like you trimmed them for the inner light, because you have even trimmed the main cola. just dont do it again, trust me. you are seriously hurting your yield and i bet any other member of GC will tell you so as well.

9. Totally agree with cannabisblunt - the leaves are where photosynthesis occurs, where the sugars that make plant tissues are produced.

Chop them at your (and your plant´s) peril.

10. oh i wasnt trying to question you at all i was just wondering...i wasnt really sure on that subject. i gues its kinda hard to tell from the shitty pictures..the main cola leaves were blocking all light getting to any branch directly below it. idk the buds were already small as it is so i wasnt expecting a very large yield.

trichs are really startin to come out now though and buds are gettin sugary

now i know for indoor...thanks cannabisblunt and cantharis

11. you wont get much off that plant

i say 10 grams dry weight

lol better luck next year man

12. they are right, dont ever cut, especially the fan leaves. even when you want to allow light, tuck, dont cut. however. it still looks good man, good job

13. thanks bonequisha i didnt ask how much id get off it..but thanks for your input..lets see you grow some decent bud outdoors in wisconsin. exactly.

thanks doindia..all your guys advice helped alot for my next indoor grow.

14. i bet lotsa people grow in wisconsin

Why would i ever grow there

why would you use walmart soil

Theres a list of things i could say that you did wrong in your grow.

15. looks abit like a lowryder