Made Me An EZCLONER and ....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Local Boy, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Some of the cuttings are doing well :hello: , some not as to be expected :( ,

of the 28 in my home made ezcloner more than half look good

and

The other half show maybe 1/4 showing definite signs and the other 1/4 look like maybe :eek: .

So...........

A friend gave me something called :

Mycorrhizae

Sez to put one tablet under each sprout when planting in soil .

Well ...........

Since this is my first indoor grow I was wondering what would happen if I put a few of these tables in the water of my ezcloner ?

This product ( of which I have never used before ) claims to make a soil similar to I guess what you would call virgin land prior to cultivation .

So any one here care to chime in ? :smoking:

Aloha

Local Boy

2. Mycorrhizae is added to soil to colonize the plants' roots with a symbiotic fungus. I wouldn't want to try this in a hydro set-up or cloning device.

I add a some nutes to my aero cloner to get the cuttings to root faster.

In 3 gallons of R.O. water, I add 1/3 strength nutes and 1/2 tsp of superthrive. My cuttings root in 5-8 days and look good the whole way through. :smoking:

3. ======================================================

Hey Wasabe ::D

Thanks - Now explain " nutes & superthrive and R . O . water " .:smoking:

As I mentioned half look super so far . They did pop roots ( the good half ) in about 7 days so far ;)

Aloha

Local Boy

4. Awesome, 7 days is great :hello:

(R)everse (O)smosis water has been filtered to remove impurities, making the pH a neutral 7.0 and lowering the ppms to almost 000.

I follow the directions on my nutrients bottles for the lowest level of vegetative growth and divide by 3. (Since I use 3 gallons of water I just use the lowest formula with 3 gal water instead of 1.)

Superthrive is a liquid supplement that helps promote fast and healthy root growth. (Can find at WalMart)

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. I do something simalar to wasabe, but I use humboldt roots as a supp. I do about 5% nutes, but that comes out to 1/3 of the suggested nutes for early veg, so it's the same.

Unfortunately 5-8 days for me would be a dream, lol. My #1 skunk will clone that fast, but the WW and bubble gum take 3 freaking weeks.

:wave:

6. If ur gettin roots in 7 days ur on right track,if u dont get 100% success ,U prob will eventually.when i bought my first aerocloner then opened it up i was disgusted.pay 150 bucks for like 25-30 dol worth material and most of thats the pump otherwise it would b 3 dollars

7. =====================

Wow Bubble Gum ! Now your talkin Hawaiian to me bra ! Thanks for the input .

Aloha :smoking:

Local Boy

8. ========================================================

Sup Browntown :)

I was looking at them ( cloner systems ) and saw what :

" Stinkbuddies " StinkBuddies.com

had at their website and made mine from their info heh heh .

Mine was dirt cheap to make and I spent the big $ on a super pond pump that you use for raising coi carp .

I'm scaling this down to a cheaper pump for the cloner so I can use it for the vegging stage , looks like I will really need it to judging from the success ratio I'm getting :)

Local Boy

9. =============================================================

Wasabe :

Thanks a whole bunch , your input is most appreciated . This will help me out in the long run big time - again thanks - mahalo :hello::D

Local Boy

10. ============================================

Hello man :

Humbolt roots is this a brand name ?

Local Boy

11. #11 BROWNTOWN, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010
    that was like 10 years ago when I was still pretty green .now i build anything and everything.Thats awesome you nailed it that quick.I've never used nutes in my water besides kelp,or lil bit noshock.I'm gone hafta try this out

12. HUMBOLDT NUTRIENTS

It's really expensive and I cant say to a certainty how much it is doing. But I have some, so may as well use it, eh? I have some clones right now that dont have it, we'll see how they do and I will report back. But like I said, my dont root that fast anyway, sometimes 3 weeks. But they always do eventually.

13. the dude at hydro shop told me thats for plants that have existing roots,like freshly rooted clones and said if i tried it i'd b back.but after i seen the price I think id rather wait couple extra days

14. :eek: Wow lil buddies :

When I wrote about my cutting's state it was after two days had passed . I did not check them till just a moment ago and ..............

......... while watching Breaking Bad's 12th. episode

I went in for a check and found that I have out of 28 cuttings 28 healthy rooting individual plants .

Even the maybes ones of the second half of slow starters are showing the will not only make it , they will follow in the steps of the sister cuttings that are now really showing healthy big clusters in big large and longish rooting nodes and I mean many if them on the first half of the ones that look more developed :hello: have long thin stringy ones too developing :) .

I learned something else , the placement of the cut on the cutting will either help or slow down the rooting process too . More on that later cause the ones that are the slower developing ones show the same type cutting angle too :eek: !

So if all goes down as scheduled it looks like 28 cuttings will start the middle third of the 9 week cycle and do their vegetative development in about 8 more days of root development .

I'm preparing the tubes for the veggie state now . I will use the pump from the cloner to run the veggie areoponic since it's a heavy duty type more suited to do the individual jets for each plant and I'm going to run 30 at least so this pump will cut it . The clone pump I will replace it with is a lot more sensible and not over kill like the one I will use for the veggie state .

I have 2 1000 watt ballasts and bulbs . I need to make the cooling system for the bulbs and the lift supports for it .......

Shit ........... now the real work begins :eek:

I am blown away with the fact that my first cloner making project looks like it's coming off text book style :eek: heh heh heh heh . I have room for two more clones on my home made EZCLONER too to make it a 30 clone system .

Local Boy