Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

made iso hash

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bigdub7487, Nov 15, 2010.

1. #1 bigdub7487, Nov 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
    like the title says I made iso hash.air dried and dried using boiling water. prolly had .3 or .4 of hash from 8gs of stems, bud, and vaped bud.

even after hours of drying the hash was still sticky even still oil form.did I do something wrong? it is still supposed to be sticky? I expected it to get like a solid brick.

I smoked it in pipes alone, on weed, in my vape. I even tried using a tea candle tin and my wand for my vape. didn't work like I thought. maybe I needed more hash.

I washed the bud/stems in iso for 45 seconds
    strained mix on pyrex
    air dry/bubble/freezer mix dry

was a pain in the ass to handle when it was in that oily/moist stage. thought I should have used a fan or boil pan in bigger pan.any tips for next time?

2. wash with the ISO for less time. Your oil is sticky and gooey because it contains a good amount of plant waxes and other stuff that one generally tries to avoid while making hashish.

3. Ive had iso come out in that same form, as i figured it was going to be like that forever, left it in open air, in a dark cooler spot in my closet, after about a week (i know lol no one wants to wait this long, i actually forgot i put it there.....) it was much more of a handle able substance, it was stiff on the goopy side for sure, but the outside had begun to harden more so you could actually pick it up and move without becoming covered in oil.... my trick now is to make the oil, when its finished freeze it, so its easily moved by razor, scrape it into one larger pile, then let it reach room temp and unfreeze, then place in over at 120 degrees to melt it into a blob, then, let the blob sit out for about a week, gets nice and useable.... flavor gets fucking WAY better too, although... this means you start your next wash, a week before you think you will run out of hash....

4. QWISO does NOT make hash! It makes Oil...

5. it makes hash oil. im pretty sure that is clear man, hash gets the idea conveyed

6. i assumed it would harden and become solid.

tips on how to handle the oil?

7. Well if you did get too much wax and leaving it open doesnt dry it to a point where its easily handled, then i recommend keeping it in a small container in the fridge to keep it hard, take it out, use some, put it back... unless you have an oil scalpel and a skillet/nail for your bong hahahahha

8. haha yeah. i mean i was able to cut it and have a resiny substance and it sucked trying to scrape it off my knife.

i wasn't really patient either. i didn't rush the process but i just couldn't wait.

9. patience is the key to a good batch of hash. Next time also try using an extra coffee filter to attempt to get a tiny more of the extra nonsense out of the mix.... might help.... not sure

10. it was golden and looked the way i seen in videos. it was a black color nothing got through the coffee filter i used.

11. Iso washed my friends grinder the other day he hadnt cleaned it for 3 years and we got a decent amount. Just put the grinder and parts in a zip lock with iso and shook for like 20 minutes real hard and then just dumped into a pyrex container and let if evaporate for like 4 hours. At the end there was still liquid but its because we used 71% so there was water that we just dumped out(i said to evap it but hey it wasnt mine to decide). Just scraped the pyrex once it was dry and had like 3-4 bowls topped witha good amount of hash.

12. my grinder wash will be added to my next qwiso batch... hasnt ever been washed and its 2 years old now hahaa, its pretty dirty hoping it adds a good chunk to the 2-3 grams i usually get hahah

13. i will have to try that soon. in hindsight i should have frozen the plate or just let it dry for more than i did.

14. Do what i did,
    Get a clothes pin, or something of the sort, Get a ball (Desired amount) onto the pin, then heat the middle of it with a flame (Dont get too close to the hash) Hold over where u want the hash and let it drip

15. never fails!!!!

16. aaaaaah. like chocolate fudge on a sundae?

17. And efficient!

18. iso'd my grinder as well as some bowls from my bongs.