Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Made glycerin tincture for e-pen twice... wont work

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by russomanno, Feb 2, 2014.

1. I followed the steps i found on this site... both times I used half an ounce of herb and roughly 225ml of glycerin.
    First time I did it in a slow cooker for 8 hours but it basically burnt it and it didn't work. The second time, i put a pyrex in a cooking pot then put a sealed glass container in the pyrex and kept the water between 160-175 for 8 hours mixing every hour. I got the nice very light brown colour that I should be looking for but didn't create any high when used in my e-pen.
    Any suggestions? I don't want to keep burning through money.

2. Shit man, I dont know anything about that. I would maybe do some research on the O-Pen site to see how they do it? I know it must a be a let down to waste that much bud. Good luck brothaSent from my burner

3. O-pen site...? Never heard of it. I'll google it thanks Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. The problem is with the temperature. THCA decarboxylates at 212 degrees fahrenheit. The THC won't evaporate until around 350 degrees fahrenheit. I cook my butter at 240 degrees and it works good.

5. Also it sounds to me like your trying to make Rick Simpson oil? This oil is meant for medicinal use and isn't effective for getting you high in general.

6. Def don't want Rick Simpson oil... I want something that's going to get me high. Please advise Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum