Made a big mistake need some opinions.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, Nov 30, 2016.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]

Hey guys well I made a big mistake. I have 2 plants growing right now. One is an auto and the other is a regular strain. I put the regular strain into the flowering period about a week ago.

I used that orange container to put over the plant for its 12 hours of darkness because I can't keep it my closet because my auto needs 18 hours of light. Yesterday was the first time since I transplanted it and instead of getting something bigger to put over it I used the orange container again to put over the plant for 12 hours of darkness. The container pretty much was as tall as the container its in so it smushed the plant down as u can see.
    It was very stupid and irresponsible that I didn't realize that this would happen. Will this plant eventually grow back to how it was before I smushed it down? Sorry if my description sucks.
    Lol so stupid so please no comments about how stupid I am lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Should come back in a few days

Take me to your Dealer

3. Your plant will be fine. Since you're using pro-mix, you realize you can really water it? It definitely needs water that's pH adjusted to 6.3

No, your auto doesn't need 18 hours of light. It's called an auto for a reason. It has an internal time clock. It's going to grow up until a certain point, whether it's getting 5 hours of light per day, or 20.....

4. I thought EVH was using Miracle Gro.

By the way, Edward, just "smushing your plant" a little isn't going to hurt it at all - you should see how brutally I bend fold and mutilate my plants when I feel the need to LST...

Are you planning on attempting to cover your photo plant every single day for a specific amount of hours starting at the exact same time and ending at the exact wine time for the next (roughly) 9-10 weeks?

Power to you man - you've certainly got your work cut out for yourself...

Have you thought, though, about how you're essentially strangling your plant of all air during that time?

J

• Like Like x 4
  5. Yes I am the miracle gro guy lol.
    I just checked on her a couple hours ago and she's already back to normal. I love how strong these plants can be, they are a weed though so I guess that helps.
    I actually never thought about the fact then when I lst my plants that I am bending and folding them kind of like I did to my plant last night.
    I have a big stand that my tv is on and that is where I am going to keep it from now on and their will be air for it. So ya that's where she will be kept and theirs plenty of breathing room in their for her. I don't know why I have my work cut out for me lol. Can you explain what you mean by that.
    Thanks for the reply bra.

6. I always water my plant until the water runs out the bottom, so essentially over watering it.
    Yes the auto does need at least 18 hours of light. Most people like to leave the lights on for 24 hours during the whole grow. I guess you can leave the lights on for a shorter period of time but the plant is going to end up being not even worth growing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It only took a couple hours, so I was pretty happy about that. I'm never gonna do this again. Thanks for the reply bra.

8. Opinions... Those plants look dead.

9. Get some stakes/sticks or some ropes and strings to raise back up the leafs, for a start.

10. Why on earth would he need to support the leaves?

Have you never trained plants?

J

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seriously??

12. Yes... I do it for my tomatoes. They need cages, or else they would get fucked up. For support.

13. She will be fine as long as you look after her.
    When did you last water? Are you letting the pot completely dry out before each watering?
    She looks like she's a bit too soggy but could be the bucket.
    How old is she?

14. He does not need cages, ropes, strings, stakes or any other kind of support.

And they certainly aren't dead.

J

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yeah... They aren't dead, but they're looking really bent out of shape. I just meant temporarily.

16. An auto flower should be under 20/4 or 24/0. At 18/6 you will start to lose yield.

17. Ew, MG. The pic looks like pro-mix.

Yeah, an auto should have a higher light schedule, but will do it's thing regardless.

Would be better off tying the photo down, etc, until the auto finishes flowering....

18. Hey buddy thanks for the reply. Your reply really helped me because now I'm going to keep the lights on for 20 hours. I never knew that it would increase the yield if I had the lights on for that long.
    Thanks a lot man for the great answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. What do you mean by tying the photo down until the auto finishes. I have to grow both of these at the same time.
    I'm just confused about that. Thanks for the reply my man.

20. The more light a plant gets the better your yield will be. Grow a plant under a 100w light then use a 1000w light for the same amount of time and the 1000w is gonna pull huge. Lots of variables though. I'm assuming this is a first time or your newer to growing.
    I had a similar situation has 3 in flower one not. I just kept moving it from the tent when my lights went off into a well lit room just to stop it from flowering. I'd stick with 18-20 with the auto. Are you able to put the photo in a closet or somplace dark for 12 a day? If not try getting a large tall box from a store dumpster and use that to cover the photo then throw a sheet or blanket over to make sure no light leaks. A hot water heater box is tall works OK. Did it before lol. Anyway light, water consistently, and you should be good. Their resilient for sure.