Maddow/Olbermann Invited to White House Chat with Obama, But Fox Isn't real news?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Maddow/Olbermann Invited to White House Chat with Obama, But Fox Isn't a News Organization?
    Look at that list of people who were invited. All of them, blatant Obama shills. You might say they are the Hannitys and Becks of the left. I bet Mathews is sulking in a dark corner right now.

2. The White House's stance against Fox seems to be just another distraction from the real problems. They're just trying to perpetuate the two-party system by creating sides.

3. A 'new age of bi-partisanship'.

4. Wow, that's... blatant. But, yeah, Chris Matthews should be placed on suicide watch.
    I almost feel bad for him. Didn't he kiss this administration's ass enough over the past 6 months to get a private meeting? Maybe his invite got lost in the mail.

5. How about the fact he spent 2.5 hours with these yahoos, but made General McChrystal fly to Denmark, so they could have a meeting on air force 1?

6. I knew there was a reason Maddow suddenly became a warmonger...

7. She could be slightly more believable if she could just look even more like a twelve year old boy.

[​IMG]

8. At least Maddow looks healthier than the other cable news anchors and commentators.

9. Well, she does have a pinkish hue. :D

10. This right here.

Obama's right. FOX isn't real news....but neither areany of the other blowhards he actually invited.

11. wouldnt hurt her to not have a twelve year old boy haircut

12. MSNBC is biased, fox news is biased, they all point fingers at each other, and we are supposed to buy into this left vs right bullshit.

Snooze.

13. MSNBC is biased, but there viewers are far less likely to believe in untruths, compaired to with fox news viewers who statisticly are more likely to believe in things like Sadam Hussein was responsible for 9\11.

but this is the level of debate in this place. one person rags on MSNBC and everyone joins in.

14. Based on what exactly? Oh right, because they're liberals and therefor superior... :rolleyes:

You're sounding just as butt hurt as Obama. Thanks for giving a great example of left wing hypocrisy and inability to be honest.

I didn't see MSNBC fans pointing out their edited footage. I didn't see Media matters do a story about it either. Is that because they're "too smart" to fall for edited footage?

15. This talk was planned as a meeting between the president and various leftist commentators. Maddow and Olbermann do not host real news shows by their own admission, they are opinion shows like O 'Reilly and Glenn Beck. The white houses criticism of Fox news comes from the fact that their so called "straight" news shows consistently have a conservative tilt. There are opinion shows and there are straight news shows and Fox news is unable to make that distinction. That is why the white house is ignoring Fox news, because they are not a real news organization, they are partisan press. Obama made the decision to speak with liberal commentators just like every other president has done with their specific party's commentators. Also unlike other presidents he has done quite a few interviews with right wing TV and radio hosts. Is Obama not allowed to reach out and speak to those who represent his party in the media?

16. I've posted this before but I'll post it again

The Media
    /\
    Corporations > Government
    /\
    The People​

17. #17 DaleGribble, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
    or are liberals more likely to believe that about conservatives because they are so arrogant?

Hahahah. yeah, Grasscity is a bastion of conservatism. If you haven't realized the entire internet when it comes to forums is overwhelming and insanely biased to the left? What point were you trying to make here?

Poppycock.
    So MSNBC can't be known for its plethora of RAGING liberal shows, but Fox can be for the opposite? ANd no, MSNBC isn't devoid of bias in "news" anyways.

18. ....you're right, obama doesn't need ANY opposition, we should all be a member of one party, perhaps we can call it the marxest party, and we can make it illegal for fox news to broadcast, then all of our media will be run by one view point, and we can all agree on everything, or go to jail!!!!!! you're so smart!

19. the thing is, as american citizens we have 5 major news sources that lean left, and then we have 1 major news source that leans right. every year fox new's ratings go up because they report things that the other bias media doesn't. if the last acorn situation didn't proove anything to you about how selective our media can be at what it wants us to know, then i am afraid i cannot help.

fox news would have no market if the rest of the media would just report the unbias storys that fox news airs every day(alot of the times with a bias oppinion attached, but the story its self was not bias.) but every year our media selectively chooses it's news to help support a certain group, and because of this americans are forced to go to an outside news source to get educated on EVERYTHING that is going on in the world today.

and everyone knows that fox is right leaning, but all of the left media outlest try to feed us their news as an "unbias news report" when just like with the interview with rush limbaugh the other day they put multiple snide undertones, and the way they ask questions they make republicans look like corperate assholes, which is why that's what you think, you watch their news and their news only, and after a while you don't even see how bias it is, but if every news outlet is bias......then they all share the same opinion, so noone would be bias, it would just have to be accepted as our opinion, because it's the only information we would get.

20. #20 UnbyJP, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
    Uhh, you totally missed the point. He was saying that they are perpetuating the illusion of a two party system by creating the illusion of two opposing sides, when in fact there really is just one that puts on a show of opposition towards each other for the public, while covertly agreeing on almost everything that actually matters. In other words, we already have the one party you just tried to mock kstigs about, but apparently most people rather not recognize this for whatever reasons. A one party system, mind you, that is far worse than the blatant example you gave because it has most people convinced that it doesn't exist.