Mad Men

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Gr33nPeace, Oct 17, 2011.

1. I seriously couldn't find a Mad Men thread so here we go. If there is already one then redirect me to it and I will gladly continue it there instead of continuing on with this one. However, if there isn't one then I suppose that this shall be it!

2. so yeah im aware this thread was started almost 2 months ago. but i have to ask after having just watched the first 3 episodes of the series:

whats the appeal here?

i mean there is great acting and all, i suppose they deserve the awards they have all gotten for it, and i suppose there is a lot of depth to the characters. i see that plainly, but when the fuck is something gonna happen?

i would have expected to have more of an explosive drama going on with all the good things i have always heard about the show. its just pretty mild and only slightly entertaining. Its not that it goes over my head or anything. i totally get everything thats happening because its well written and whatever, but really there isnt anything there to keep me interested. and unless someone tells me something about the plot line that they can guarantee i would like it, then im probably just not gonna watch it anymore and i wont feel bad about it.

i have even tried looking for plot summaries to see if i can get an idea of what will happen but even then there isnt much. thats not a good sign.

anyone else watch this and feel the same way?