Mad Max 1,2, & 3!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by borked, Jun 13, 2009.

1. All of them I can recommend highly! I'm not even high on cannabis! I'm just a little buzzed off this $9.99 handle of La Cadena Vodka from my local stater bros. Each and everyone is an awesome movie, and unlike 98% of other movies out there, it gets better by each sequel.

So enjoy fellow greenthumbs, as I am dry as of now. I enjoy this movie just the same.

I also recently watched, Little Shop of Horrors, Cool World, and scrooged(bill murray you cannot deny his brilliance) , all excellent movies for your viewing pleasure! please add to your library and enjoy!

edit: It is truly a shame, that bill's take on fear and loathing or where the buffalo's roam did not land the success it needed.

2. Yeah, the Road Warrior movies are great. I especially like the 2nd one although it's hard not to like the 3rd with Barter town and Master Blaster.

3. Classics :D

"two men enter, one man leave!"

4. To say they get better with each sequel is a little funny seeing as Beyond Thunderdome is absolute shit. But I will agree that The Road Warrior is one of those few examples where a sequel is as good if not better than the original.

I love Mad Max and The Road Warrior... Thunderdome? Not so much, but it HAS been awhile since I've seen them.

5. Well, when i'm intoxicated my tastes in a film change. I want something bizarre and corny, something I can make fun of in my head the whole length of the movie. and for mad max..each sequel got cornier and more bizarre. ending with master blaster and tina turner! how could you not love that combo while you're buzzin! :D

Hence why, I just watched Cool World and Litle shop of Horrors! Steve Martin & Bill Murray what a classic!

6. i love the mad max movies. but i'm a sucker for action movies. plus, i'm from australia, so that makes it even better.:hello:

7. #7 WildWill, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2009
    Thunderdome is a pitiful excuse for a Mad Max movie. Fury Road had better get made before Mel becomes a raving lunatic - oh wait...

As much as I LOVE Mad Max II it's not as good as the original. Yes, it's more polished, and has better production values, but the original shows a society JUST on the brink of collapsing on itself, and to me that's far more interesting than the later settings post-Apocalypse.

Plus you see what kind of man Max Rocketansky was before his wife and child are killed, which makes it that much more tragic.

Also, Toecutter, Johnny the Boy and the NightRider are better antagonists than Wez and Humungous.

Finally, the Last of the V8 Interceptors looks WAAAAAAAY better in the first one...