ma grow box

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by lman_15, Nov 19, 2003.

1. yeah ok i have started 2 collect supplies i have all da wood and a computer fan... yo could i buy does lights a home depot or walmart?

2. yep, but if you want a better light for a small box get a 70w or 150w hps security light for like 40$, there allot better for small boxes because they make less heat and also simply because they are better then CFLs in color spectrum so you get more per W vs floro. If you find the CFls on sale then go with that, otherwise your much better off with hps. get the biggest wattage cfl you can get and dont look at the big "60w compared to normal bulbs" advertisment in the front look on the box of light for the actual wattage, the higer the wattage the better. Also if you dont have light sockets, wires, twist on wire connectors, timers, bone meal, blood meal, some high P fert shults or miricle grow (middle nubmer ferts are rated N-P-K ex. 10-15-10), soil, and pots pick them up also o and bring extra cash :D.

3. i know, i hate that...

i'll be walkin into the hardware store with the mindset "ok, i've got a $50 limit on supplies"...

then walk out 3 hours later with $200 worth of stuff and no money for gas to get home... but i'm still happy... i'll just wait and walk the parking lot looking for change.... but its all good...

4. yes, any of those will work. :)

5. yea ok i am going wit da first 1 but it will be a while till i get any new grow supplies cuz i used all ma money and now i am broke... but would da smell be notice able if u were in da same room as da grow box and i used da top carbon filter from da link?

6. will the holmes oser crabber from dis link http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1556 completly get rid of da odor of 1 plant? and in the room ma grow box is in will u beable 2 smell it?

7. yeah, that should work great, use it right b your exaust;)

8. start up some seeds man just throw a flight in abox with afan blowing out. smel wont be bad till flower unless if you have astinky stran theny it wont smell till week 3 of veg.

9. yo could i make a veg box 8 wide, 12 deep, and 8-12 high? what r da average hights of veg boxes? i am goin 2 use a simular set up as grower did wit his rc racer idea

10. go a bit talller and wider. My current veg box is 12x12x16 tall and its perfect form 2 moms and some clones. 2x 20-26w or one 42w cfls will do the job.

11. could 10 wide 12 deep and 14 high work? and would 3 24 walt cfls cover dat or would i need more?

12. sounds good! You wont even need 3, 2 would work fine!

13. could da hight be 12-14 high? and could i buy cfls at walmart or homedepot

14. you want more hight if you can. you could work with 12" but it would take more training. yep you can get them at home depot for like 1$ each on sale.

15. ok i did the measure ment that max is 10 wide 12 deep and 13 high so i will do dat and were should the computer fans go and how many?

16. one fan in the back top center blowing out will do. put the lights up as hight as they can go. And its a good idea to re-infore the ox with duct tape and put a piece 1/4 ply or metal at the bottom so water dosent make the box fall apart. For my cardboard box i made a 1/4 ply ox to go inside of it so it didnt fall apart on me.

17. the best idea would be to find a good size cardboard box (from a good size speaker, a subwoofer, or whatever isnt suspicious looking) and build a wooden grow box slightly smaller than the cardboard box... then cut out the bottom of the cardboard box and slide it over the top of the growbox... and stack some stuff on top. and stick that in the closet...

18. for the fan at the top that would be blowing air out of the box right? and would i need an intake fan?