m/f?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Swells, Apr 13, 2010.

1. i'm a n00b

m/f?

Attached Files:

2. Dude you got balls! sorry its male. cut it down!

3. yeah that is definatley a male...it would have white hairs sticking out instead of pollen sacs! sorry man!

4. big balls:(

5. got rid of two males.. sucks, but the other two are female.

just a shame, the skunkiest looking and smelling plant was a male

6. You should have saved that male then to pollinate some clones of your females XD

7. when do you check for this ? can someone highlight or circle where the male is starting to show, or post a link of a picture that is already highlighted around the balls. because I see what looks like 4 balls. lol

8. [​IMG]

Look right between the nodes (the spot where the side branches meet the main stem).

Also, you won't see signs of preflower until the plant is mature. It takes awhile sometimes, but you'll know when you get them.

9. thanks very helpful and precise. got any herme pics?
    do you cut down if its a herme or just trim the males ?

10. [​IMG]

Small picture, but the idea is you're all happy about seeing your first pistols and smoke a bowl to celebrate the coming of age of your daughter and then the next day SHE'S GROWING F*KING NUTS! LITERALLY! (I just smoked, lay off me)

As for your second question... that's a big debate. Some say if you cut off the pollen sacks you'll be ok. Other's say since it's genetic, it's not ok.

I say it's still weed even if it has a few seeds (and there won't be nearly as many as a plant pollinated by a male) and the seeds will be "feminized". I put that in quotes because yes, that's how the pros make feminized seeds but it takes some breeding to get the seeds stable enough to not turn hermie on you at the slightest provocation.

Hope that helped.