Lyme Disease

Discussion in 'General' started by theprof, Jul 12, 2009.

1. So apparently I have Lyme Disease.

I woke up Tuesday morning and felt like absolute shit. I still went to work because i really need the money right now. I ended up going to work the whole week even though it sucked. I had a splitting headache, some flu-like symptoms, and a searing pain in the back of my neck. I said I'd give it a few days before i went to the doctor.

However, yesterday i woke up and felt worse than ever. I got up to take a shower and started to notice all of these red spots on my body. I got out of the shower and my mom noticed one the size of a softball on my back. She said "yeah we should probably go to the emergency room now" (doctors office closed on saturday).

Once i got in to see the nurse, she took one look at my back, and said "well I'm about 99% sure you have Lyme Disease. The doctor will be right in".
    Doc had the same conclusion. I'm now on antibiotics for the next few weeks, and that hopefully should clear it up.

I believe i got it from this tick that i found in the back of my neck about 3 weeks ago. Hard to believe a little fucker like that could cause this much pain.

Oh well its forced me to take a little T-Break, since i really have no desire to smoke. I toked on friday cause i felt a little bit better, but besides that i haven't burned since monday.

2. That really sucks. Lyme disease is a PITA. I hope you feel better soon and it doesn't cause too many issues for you.

3. This reminds me of that movie, Slither.

"And ya got your Lyme Disease..."

"Lyme Disease, eh?"

"... Fuuuck you!"

But seriously man. I'm sure you'll be fine. That does suck though. Maybe you should use bug spray or repellent in the woods? And I just wrote that, because I'm high and thought I read that you were in the woods at one point. Jesus, I am high.

But yes, fuckin' little ticks. I'd smoke myself, but if you don't wanna, then don't. I hope you feel better man!

4. I'm curious as to what kind of tick bit you...

Was it a brown color, or black with orange markings?

All ticks are potential carriers of Lyme Disease, although it is much more common with Deer ticks (black & orange). Whenever you're out in the woods or even long grass, make sure to cover yourself and do tick checks as soon as you're out.

Little fucking deer tick bit me a few weeks ago, and I was worried as hell about the bullseye mark around the wound...

5. Little black fucker.

Thing is, i noticed it right when i got home, and pulled it out. Can't have been in there for more than a half hour or so.

I feel slightly better this morning, Although my neck hurts like a bitch. Thats what worries me. The doc said that if my neck is really stiff and tender, that means the Lyme has entered my central nervous system. If thats the case, I'd have to have a spinal tap, which is not a procedure I'd like to undergo.

However the doctors are fairly certain that won't be necessary, since they don't think it's to that stage yet. Hopefully these antibiotics will slay all the junk in my bloodstream.

6. Most definitely man.

I send you my good vibes and wish you a speedy recovery.

7. Yeah, Lyme's disease is usually pretty easy to spot because of the large "bullseye" around the tick bite ( usually a circular red mark about the size of a baseball that surrounds the bite). There are also other tick-carried diseases such as ehrlichiosis, which I think I had last week.

Man, I'm so suprised I didn't get Lymes last summer while having to drag numerous water jugs to my outdoor plot in 100 degree weather, in waist high grass thatwas just full of ticks...i would pull a minimum of 3 ticks off me after every water, god i hate those buggers!

8. I wouldn't worry about lumbar puncture, it's not too painful.

9. #9 Sour Kush, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    Anybody with/had Lyme disease care to give me some information? My girlfriend has a spot from a bug bite on her thigh. Her whole body is red and sore and really hot (temp wise..), she's having splitting headaches, and she's getting chills. I'm considering taking her to the ER tonight..

10. bump for a helpful response?