Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lyme disease and MM

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by eastcoast22, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Greetings Lyme disease sufferers and those that are interested in this topic.

I am writing this because I am a chronic sufferer. The disease goes in and out of remission. The disease got so bad that I now have Epilepsy. Within the last 2 months I have gone down hill, it came out of remission.

While researching Lyme and MM I really didn't find anything on the Internet. In fact there is very little information about chronic Lyme and whether it exists. Often I find the doctor's refuse to treat me because they refuse to acknowledge it exists.

Since I cannot find a forum that talks about this I thought GC would be a good place to maybe find other Lyme sufferers that use marijuana as a pain reliever and anti-inflammatory?

2. I can't do oxy's. I fell into a minoraddiction for 2 and a half weeks when I did them for these exact symptoms. I wouldn't call it an addiction but more of a dependency. BTW I searched through my parents drug cabinet yesterday I've been smoking for half my life and it does relieve pain. It numbs it, the arthritis, nausea, and back pain. Because I take 8 meds during the day it especially helps with the nausea.

Why do you say it does not relieve pain? Do you speak from experience from being ill or just being a pothead. LOL. I am interested because I need to find those with ailments similar to mine rather than circumstantial 'I am a pot head'. Please don't take this the wrong way but I endeavor to legitimize all responses.

I am also interested in the various strains that are used to treat these symptoms. Are the higher amount of CBD's better than higher levels of THC?

3. Avoidance of dependency is what MMJ legalization is for. All of the pills I am on bring me down. The last thing I need is me on pills drooling like a zombie! :)

4. I concur with this, hope you find someone with some helpful info:)

5. So far...I can't find more, but I know they have got to be out there. I don't know many Rx MM research sites.

6. Seriously? Are you in the US?

7. There is zilch on" cannabis and Lyme" at PubMed! Most news articles just mention that cannabis is good for it, and nothing more! Wish I had more for you, hon!

Lyme Disease by Cynkay Morningstar (anecdotal – no date)
    \tLyme Disease by Cynkay Morningstar
    \t
    Cannabis Alleviates Symptoms of Lyme Disease! (news – 2010)
    \tCannabis Alleviates Symptoms of Lyme Disease!

I'll keep looking!

Granny

8. Sorry to hear that you got lyme....
    Nvr met anyone that had it... but I do know of it.

I had to put down my 5yr old White German Shepard last year because of it:(
    After a pile of money got spent...
    All they could say for sure was that she had lyme.....

All her other symptoms were a complete mystery...
    So I figure lyme had a large hand in it:confused_2::(

Hopefully you will find something that helps you....
    And remember.... at least this cure is fun & has no chance of killing you, unlike a lot of other "so called" cures.....
    Unless you lock yourself in the fridge during a munchie attack ;)

9. smokin, thanks for your kind words. It's crazy how many people don't know about it. It exists all over the world. Doctors refuse to acknowledge long term infections and chronic persistent damage and pain. It's a damn shame.

10. I know I get all weirded out when I find a damn tick on me dude:eek:

11. i have all the symptoms of lymes disease and do to this fact i have gotten tested for it twice, both times the results were negative, but the doctors still can't figure out what it is. but marijuana is the only thing thats kept me living my life with all this pain and nausea. unfortunately i live in WI where marijuana is completely illegal. its awful that such a good medicine is ignored by so many people.. :/

12. Tests often don't pick up on lyme. There are a lot of false negatives. Doctors usually go by the standard practice - if in doubt give antibiotics. Which I agree with. Why take a chance?

Did you take antibiotics?

13. I just became a caregiver for a person with Lyme Disease. If anybody knows any strains that would benefit, please post. I have 6 strains we'll try out, I'll post the results.

14. I had Lyme Disease bad years ago (before I smoked). I ended up with Bell's Palsy in half my face for a couple months among other symptoms. I'm sorry to hear that you have been effected for so long, I hope you can find something.

In my experience, a good Sativa helps relieve pain in my wrist & knee, as well as helping to reduce minor headaches. I'm not sure how it would work with Lyme though, best to try out some different strains and see what works best.

15. I suffer from bad pain all over my body. My neurological problems are severe and are with me for the rest of my life.

Someone mentioned to me Northern Lights are good for the pain. Keep us updated on the strains. I am very interested in caregiving for people with Lyme and other sever diseases but it's illegal in my state. Blah.

I'm sorry to hear about the bell's palsy. That's rough. I never got that. It went straight to my brain and gave me grand mal seizures that took years to stabilize.

I am an advocate and am not afraid to tell people. My doc gave me Marinol but that stuff is garbage.

16. hi eastcoast22 fellow lyme sufferer here.

I have had lyme since I was bitten when I was 2. I am now 39.

Put simply my brain does not work. I have big problems with my lungs also.

I take chlorella and omega 3 to help expel the neurotoxins.

In desperation I am trying to grow some high CBD plants to see if it will help.

17. #18 eastcoast22, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Great keep us informed! I am glad this thread is slowly growing.

Growing a strain high in CBDs is what I want to do also.

So you basically have had it almost as long as I have. I'm 32 and got it at about 2 or 3.

Do they have you on any neurological meds if you don't me asking? You can PM me if you want.

I found some meds helped clear my brain fog since I am half dazed. No one can tell if I've smoked or not. Lol.

Keep us up to date as to which strains you like.

I was thinking about doing my harvest in two separate batches. One where the trichs are cloudy and another when they more amber for relaxation. Does that make sense?

I'm a noob and won't be harvesting for a long time. I'm working with bag seed to begin with.

18. I just posted a review for Hashplant Haze in Smoke reports that a patient with Lyme Disease helped me with. She had a favorable opinion of it. If you'd like me to include any other fields in my next review let me know.

19. #20 eastcoast22, Sep 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Please do! If you can provide a link to that review it would be great. There is no information on Lyme and MJ. There has been no research on this subject and I hope people will be able to find this easily.