Lying in a relationship

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Toxy, Mar 18, 2014.

1. I know, lying is bad, and can lead to an unhealthy relationship, but are there some things that your partner has asked, and you just HAD to lie? Like, you feel bad about lying, but you know it would be a lot worse if you didn't lie? Nothing that bad like cheating, but yeah.

2. If your girlfriend is gaining quite a few pounds and asks if you think shes fat, NEVER say yes, even if you like it.... :ey: If you don't like it you can suggest other things like 'hey we should start going to the gym together' or ask her if she wants to go on a hike with you, but never say yes.

Sometimes my girlfriend will get off more than me during sex. Being honest and telling her you didn't get off as much as you would of liked will kill her post sex high. If she asks if you enjoyed it, you lie and say yes. However, if it's an ongoing problem definitely be honest and bring it up at some point outside of the bedroom.

3. My last lie hah. I said I was just leaving the party when I had basically just started a game of BP. Game was over in 15 minutes. Once I actually left the place, I texted her that I stopped for Micky Ds and there was a line.

4. Personally unless its about something thatll be irrelevant tomorrow, I never lie in a relationship. Its just a guilty place where no one wants to be.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. At the time I felt like I had to lie to my bf or he would overreact and start drama after we just got over some shit 10 min prior...

I also allowed myself to become dependent on him and he had control of my food, money, gas, weed and living situation for a few months. I would just say whatever he wanted to hear so I could continue to get what I needed until I could leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Uhhh....I hate liars!

Karma!

7. Always thought I'd have to lie about my past with both of my best friends. One is an ex girlfriend. The other is a dude, and we've been sleeping together since high school.

Would you date a girl who's best friend has also been "with benefits" for years? And not get bent out of shape when she hangs out with him? From the posts I see in sex & relationships, I bet most of you guys wouldn't.

But I just found someone who doesn't care.

So I don't have to lie.

8. No-one's a 100% match. Lying is a part of life and there are times where you need to lie or at least not be forthcoming with the truth in order to keep your relationships healthy, that's just how it is. Obviously it's better if you can just be open and straight about everything but it's rarely that simple....e.g. I wouldn't mind my partner sleeping around if that's what they need to do, as long as they're safe and I don't fucking know about it. I would say that the one time you always have to be honest is about how you feel about the other person. It's really important that you both know where you stand in the relationship and what sort of commitments/responsibilities you're expecting from each other.

9. My memory can't sustain keeping up with lies.

The truth hurts.

10. I agree with you. Let me clarify.

It was never my intention to lie so I could cheat on someone with my best friend. I meant I thought that I couldn't tell a partner about our history without them freaking out and/or wanting me to stop being friends with him--something I will not do.

But I do agree with you that nonmonogamy is OK as long as everyone involved is OK with it, being safe, and is honest about what they want.

11. Ive never lied to her about anything, but then again she is not the typical girl.

12. Ive never lied to her about anything, but then again she is not the typical girl.

13. #13 docleary, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    i was honest about the wrong things and my girlfriend of over three years panicked and told me to leave.

she couldn't handle my drug use, and then replaced me with an alcoholic.

edit - i told her the truth because i needed help and support, and i got the opposite.

14. Lying about her physical appearance is most definitely the right thing but if you gotta tell her the truth give it to her easy. Some things are better off left unknown or with a lie; girls are notorious for asking questions they don't want to know the answer to.

Be truthful about yourself though, don't be ashamed of who you are or what you've done. I've told my girlfriend of past lawbreaking and seriously bad things I've done, because she asked. The way I see it, if someone can't stand you for who you are then you don't need them anyway. Don't lie about things that you've done torward them though, like cheating; it's best to tell the truth there instead of living a lie.

15. lie to protect her, if i care enough that is