LW 15 arm bubbler OR Sovereignty?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by swisher175, Aug 27, 2011.

1. What's up GC? I'm having a little trouble deciding which piece of glass I should buy so I thought I'd ask for your opinions.

Its between a Luke Wilson (Leisure Ltd.) 15 arm bubbler $280
    and
    A Sovereignty king stemline $350. Or Some other kind of Sovereignty because the king stemlines are a bitch to get before they sell out.

It will be used as my daily driver so I want something that won't get old. I also thought it might be a little hard to find an ashcatcher that would fit the LW because of the way the bowl is set up on top. Any opinions or experiences are appreciated. Thanks.

2. I would go with the SG.
    I mean you can't beat them. Very elegant and classy.
    I also find the tree percs to add drag, but with 15 I bet it's pretty smooth.

3. The LW is not draggy lol.

But I would still go with a king stemline over it, i want to get one to lol

4. There is a big difference between the two, but both are great glass. I haven't used a LW so I can't give you first hand experience, but based on all I've read (a lot on both) the LW will be a bit chuggier just because its a tree perk, and probably wont offer quite the same level of diffusion, but it should be reasonably close. The biggest difference would be if you are looking for a bubbler or a tube...the tube will over bigger rips and more condensed smoke. The SG is known for a bit of an airy hit, and very low drag throughout the hit. Some people have described hitting it as feeling sorta "fizzy" which I can agree with. There is no chug, and the bubbles are tiny, so water doesn't really get agitated very much, meaning no chug. It will feel a lot like just breathing, and you probably wont feel the bubbling almost at all. The LW will be basically the opposite. Some chug, less condensed hits, no big rip at the end.

As for the A/C point..I've never seen one put on a LW, but you could find one that would work, your choices just may be limited. If cleanliness is your main concern you could always go the carbon filter route, if you think you will want more diffusion then it may be an issue. I'd wait for someone who has one to chime in on that one.

5. If you get the LW get a EFS Carbon filter.

Check out the thread just619 just made they are dope. It will be an awesome setup because it allows lots of air-flow compared to another chamber which will add drag.

6. Thanks guys, I was thinking the same stuff. I definitely wanted the Sovereignty first but only reconsidered because they sell out so damn fast. And yes, I was wanting a tube instead of a bubbler because I like taking the smoke in all at once.

7. when i got my 15 arm, the guy at water labs put a headford 45 degree inline on there to demonstrate that it fits, and it fit perfectly at that. it's honestly a toss up of what type of hit you like better. the 15 arm is much more chill, smooth and flavorful in my opinion. the stemline punched me in the chest the first week or so i owned it. the 15 arm will still DEFINITELY pull bong sized rips, especially with the mouthpiece. if you're anything like me, without having an option of pieces, you'll get bored of what you have no matter what. i had both at one point, and i have to say, for doing it all (vaporbong, concentrates and flowers) the 15 arm is the most versatile piece i've ever owned. the stemline is pretty awful for vaporbonging, zero flavor.

8. King stem if you don't already have a nice tube, they are fucking wonderful. Feels like taking a deep breath except you get stoned as shit

9. Which would you say is better for just buds?

10. I own a king stem and a gridded showerhead bubbler (11 slits, 6 grids on each) and even though the bubbler only holds around 1/5th the amount of water it's still insanely smooth. I think that might be because the gridding so soooooo damn close together. I personally would choose -my- bubbler over the king stem any day. It has awesome flavor so if you smoke any concentrates its an absolute treat.

Of course the king stem will be smoother for bud, but it's also a lot bigger, so if you want to chief outside or walk somewhere it will be an inconvenience. I'd personally go for the bubbler myself, however I'd look for something gridded because it will most likely be smoother than the LW.

just my $.02

11. #11 Curious Toker, Aug 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011

all preference my friend, it comes down to the type of smoker you are and what suits your needs. the stemline'll burn up your bud quicker with its larger volume, and you'll tend to rip less per hit out of the LW. the LW is better flavor-wise, so if you like to taste your nugs, it's a good route. it's drag free and has a pleasant chug that seems to assist you in drawing in the smoke (don't confuse this with the "glug" of an overfilled bong). the stemline is more "sharp" and precise feeling, the bubbles are smaller and fizzier has mada mentioned. the 75mm is rather big, so you have to enjoy taking FAT rips, you'll love it in that respect. i never found the stemline to be mindblowingly smooth, and it really hits you hard in the chest your first couple bowls. however, both pieces are drag-free enough and clear so quick the smoke almost condenses to a paste. it's impressive. if anything, consider cleaning procedures and storage to break the tie if you have a hard time choosing. 15 arm takes a LOT of ISO to clean, probably just as much if not a little more than it would take to clean the king stemline. i will say what's nice about sovereignty, you can dial in the water on the stemline. some people like the airy-er rip with less water, some people like a certain chug, and i've seen some people fill the water up almost as high as it can go. the LW sort of has a set water between half way up the arms and a little more than 3/4 up the arms. i find myself desiring a bong having only the LW simply because i feel a bong is the best way to enjoy bud. i like to have a big ol comfortable mouthpiece on a moderate sized tube (14"-18") and just relax. sometimes the LW feels small, but the hits it delivers are prime. you're dealing with the best tree percs in the game and the best gridding in the game, it's all down to what you feel is right in this case. either way, you'll be super fuckin jazzed when you take that first rip.:yay: if it was my $350 or whatever you have, i'd take the new LW and start saving for a headford because that's the set up i'm gonna have right after i buy that syn dome perc i've been eying :hello: damn this hobby!!

12. steeeeeeemlllllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeee

13. I always go for the LW.. sold every stemline I've owned actually.

It really does come down to preference though, so if you can't even try a pull out on both then go for what you pleases you more aesthetically and looks like the type of hit you'd like. (What a million YouTube videos)

My biggest beef with high diffusion pieces such as stemlines is the annoying stale smoke that is usually left over from the clear, which of course doesn't phase some people.

14. yea i just pull for a little longer and get that smoke with the hit

15. My hits must be too big xD

16. #16 JakeGetsBaked, Aug 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Or maybe the lungs are too small?

17. you cant just keep pulling you have to stop for a very very short period of time then pull again to clear it effectively

18. well if you get the lw 15 arm at high priority for 250$ i say go for it, otherwise get the stemline hands down

19. it's $240 i thought?

20. same difference, do you have any tax at all?