Lurker-Just Harvested CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ModernDrunkard, Feb 21, 2010.

1. So I just grew some bag seed from a friend. Some south african sativa heavy strain it seems.

Anyways it was fun, even though it was low budget.
    4 23w cfl's
    cabinet was maybe 2ft wide by 1ft4"deep and about 2.5ft high
    2 computer fan exhaust and a passive intake
    organic nutes for flowering

here was the result, had to harvest early due to a little bud rot
    The last pic is the first batch of qwiso hash from a small amount of trimmings.
    Smells so tasty, bout to try it now.:hello:
    Thanks for looking at a new amateur grower.
    It has another 3-4 days drying before it hits the jars for a cure.

Attached Files:

2. nice man hopefully i get something like that. what did it weigh at?

3. Dont know didnt weight it, nor do i have a scale that could.

4. how did you do it soil or hydro? it looks pretty good.

5. nice job dude. This is inspiring as I have a very similar grow going. I also have 4 23 watters. I was thinking about going to six but after seeing this, I might just stick with the 4!

6. Strait bag soil and tap water.

The hash has a distinct cinnamon/cedar taste, one pinch and :smoking:

7. how tall did you veg this plant to before you switched to flowering? Did you do any kind of training or topping or anything?

8. i see a seed in pic number 3.

hemie or did u have a male plant with that female at one point ?

9. how long did ur grow take?
    I have a very similar setup only using 2 24wCFL's in about the same dimension box
    Im about 3 weeks in

10. Congratulations! Sweet! You must've tied her down like a MF right? The only sativa I ever grew wanted to be 20 ft tall.....enjoy:smoking:

11. Having done many grows of all sizes under CFLs, don't let this make you think you can get away with just 4 bulbs. It worked out for this grow, but with CFLs, more is better. To use this grow as an example (and not trying to be negative in any way), the production would have been even better with 8 or 10 CFLs. You can't have too many bulbs with a CFL grow....

12. Would three 125W 2700k CFLs along with six 24W 2700k bulbs along the sides of the plants be sufficient enough for flowering and a decent yield? Thank you in advance appreciate it much! :)

13. Thats dope dude CFL's are EXCELLENT!
    looks like you got a lot of bud for 4 cfls
    looks dank as well! goood job
    Check out my grow man
    its a low budget cfl too!
    +rep for CFL's

14. I vegged it for 1 month, and LST'ed it like a mofo. Thats not a seed in there, just a dead leaf i missed, just checked it out. I started it back at the end of October. It was a slow flowerer, but well worth the wait.

15. You got some nice size for flouro's, well done :)

16. I'm impressed! I have always used CFLs for vegetating, but never considered flowering under them, thinking the buds would be loose and leafy...you showed me wrong...thanks.
    +rep for your successful CFL grow.