Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lungs Really Appreciate Any Answers

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by datguy99, May 8, 2014.

1. Hey, I've been kind of been obseing about how much damge has my lungs taken since I've started smoking. I smoke once a week on friday about 35mg per sesion, and ive been smoking for about 6 months. I work out 4 times a week, I'am a moutain biker, and I have very mild asma. I don't have any place to put a vap so i just use a small pipe

I really appreciate any answers, I have a bit of anxity and I cant stop worrying about!

Thank You

P.S also does any one else have asma and still smoke, and how bad is it for you if you have asma

2. #2 dankness420, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    You can get a portable vape.  And I don't think you are smoking 35mg...that would be...0.035 grams.
    This is my pax vape, Same size as a pipe but most people would never guess what it is if they haven't seen one before.
    View attachment 137295
    Also edibles are great, you can also make canna-capsules.(pill form)

3. 35mg is .35 grams and i looked up the vap u have its 250 Im  a sudent

4. Thc is a broncho-dilator, but you could do without the combustion part.

5. i have asthma and I smoke a lot more than 35 milligrams a day.  (who sells you milligrams?  how are you smoking milligrams?)  I'm fine.  

Weed doesn't really fuck up your lungs.  Swishers might but not nearly as much as cigarettes would.

6. This.

I think you will be fine mate, I have been smoking for nearly 20 years, all day everyday and I go through an oz every 5-6 days.

7. per mil is 1/1000.

Have you noticed any difficulty breathing while biking? No? You're fine.

8. #9 dankness420, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    35mg is 0.035grams(0.35 grams is 350mg).  But yah mine is expensive, haven't tried those vape pens.  Most trusted vapes are like the arizer solo and MFLB, I would look into those I believe they average around $150.(worth the investment.)

You could also make a ghetto homemade vape.

Muffin tin, candle, a cup/jar and straw.  Light candle place muffin tin upside down over top of candle.  You need to prop it up slightly as the candle needs oxygen to burn. Place small amount of ground up herb on top of tin.  Jar/cup overtop of that to capture vapor, again make sure everything can breathe and use straw to inhale vapor.  Not sure how safe it is but trust me it works.

Edibles are easy to make too.

9. I would agree with darkness420 on the pax vaporizer as it is small and sleek but it still combusts the marijuana (like all other hand held vapes) so I recommend you buy an MFLB as it won't combust your plant material if you can get the technique down (which actually isn't that hard to master) and it's WAY cheaper than the pax. Both however are better for your lungs than a pipe so the choice is yours.

10. Dude I have mild (maybe a little more than mild) asthma and I too work out 3 - 4 times a week. Since I gave up smoking spliffs (tobacco and weed) and now just pure joints, I shit you not, I have had hardly any issues with my asthma in the past 2 or so weeks and even better performance in the gym!

11. Your wrong 350 milligrams is .35 refix milla means thousand

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #13 datguy99, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
     yeah i realize that now sorry

13. #14 VapeLifeAlex, May 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2014
    Well, I wouldn't say that cigs are worse.
    Maybe those additives, yeah, but I think cannabis produces 9x more tar.

But dude, right after I read that you smoke ONCE a week and that you're worried about damaging your lungs I thought to myself, "Is this guy a dumb ass?" Hahaa. Don't take offense though, it's just silly.
    There are people who smoke blunts daily and not one worry crosses their mind about the risks involved.

But OP, if you're really so worried about damaging your lungs just quit until you're outta school.
    Then save up for a vaporizer if you so wish to continue getting high.

14. I would smoke 1/2 gram of oil a day and my doctor couldn't tell I smoked at all. She said I sounded perfect. I have asthma and use inhaler before I smoke every time.