Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lung problems

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Godspeeed, Sep 7, 2009.

1. So i have this white mucus thing at the bottom of my lungs and they don't know what it is. I also have a mild form of asthma does marijuana effect these problems in anyway? As in positive or negative way? Also I am going to get an x-ray done smoke doesn't show up right? :p

2. You might have to consider edibles or vaporizing if your lungs are irritable. Also, it is absolutely vital that you make sure that any cannabis that you get is properly flushed of its nutrients, and ideally grown organically.

3. So it wouldn't benefit me at all? Might actually make it worse?

4. Anytime that you have lung irritation you probably want to steer clear of any smoke inhalation. I DO know of patients that have asthma and smoke without any problem, but im not a doctor, and i would assume that its probably like anything else and on a case by case basis.

With the advancement of vaporizers these days, there is no reason not to be vaping. It is absolutely easier on your lungs, actually makes your meds last longer. If you get a premium vaporizer like a volcano, its no where close to smoking and shouldnt irritate your lungs at all. Its like inhaling sweet tasting air.

The problem is a lot of people go cheap on a vaporizer and it ends up half vaping/ half smoking their meds because the cheap ones dont regulate heat very well. This includes the VAPIR one hand held machine.

You figure $300-$500 for a volcano.. but it makes your meds last TWICE as long so it pays for itself very quickly. Its a hard sell until you experience it for yourself.

5. Thx for the information yeah i am going to start saving up for a volcano. Not gonna half ass it.

6. You got it. You should be able to find volcanos online for pretty cheap. A lot of local smoke shops mark them up way too high. I would say 400 is a good price for one and you should be able to get one for less.

Dont go cheap or generic, I did this and ended up spending more on crappy 200 dollar vapes than I would have if I just would have went with the volcano.

TIP - Keep your vaped cannabis and save it. Usually there is enough residual THC left to make a good batch of edibles with, and its something that you would otherwise be throwing in the trash....anyone who doesnt beleive that should try saving about 1/2oz worth of vaped cannabis and make 1 pan of brownies with it.:)

Cheers!

7. Hon, smoking ANYTHING is bad for your lungs. Smoke makes your lungs clench up- exactly the opposite of what you need. Get a vaporizer!

Cannabis vapor can open up your lungs. It dilates the bronchial tubes and creates far less mucus in your lungs. Read these-

The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therapies
    IngentaConnect The Cannabinergic System as a Target for Anti-inflammatory Therap...

Acute and subacute bronchial effects of oral cannabinoids.
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports

Comparison of bronchial effects of nabilone and terbutaline

Bronchial effects of aerosolized delta 9-tetrahydrocannabinol

Bronchodilator effect of delta1-tetrahydrocannabinol administered by aerosol

Effects of smoked marijuana in experimentally induced asthma.

Marijuana and oral delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance

New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery
    New Synthetic Delta-9-THC Inhaler Offers Safe, Rapid Delivery, Phase I Study

Smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-THC on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects
    Acute effects of smoked marijuana and oral delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol on specific airway conductance in asthmatic subjects

ANALGESIC AND ANTIINFLAMMATORY ACTIVITY OF CONSTITUENTS OF CANNABIS SATIVA L.
    Analgesic and Anti-Inflammatory Activity of Constituents of Cannabis Sativa

Granny :wave:

8. storm crow is a boss. vaping is awesome for lung problems. its like medicine directly to the source of the issue, rather than smoke directly to the source.

9. Vaporizing is definitely a better alternative for your lungs. All it does is dry out your throat, especially if the vapor is cooled it gives the smoothest hits ever.