Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Lung Infection??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SkltnWtch, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Seasoned Tokers, I have a dilema.

So lately ive been having really bad smokers coughs. Now I smoke dope daily but dont smoke tobbaco often. I dont cough until I smoke, evertime I take a toke I cough pretty badly. This has never happened before. My friends said I probably have a lung infection. F$$K.

Does anyone know anything about this?

2. could be chronic bronchitis, that can be caused from weed. I'd day quit for a few days and see if it gets better, i know thats not what you wanted to hear but if you keep smoking it'll only make it worse, and if it goes away after you stop smoking you know it's nothing to worry about.

3. I had this recently

What I did to prevent the coughing was taking smaller rips without holding them long. All I could do.

4. Well, i have noticed over the 6-7 years of my smoking, and this is only from my experience and of my friends, and we live at a high altitude so keep all that in mind.... that as the cold season approaches... for whatever reason.... we all seem to cough a LOT more when we toke up... Not the kinda coughing someone would have from a weather changing cold, the kinda cough you get when you take a huge ass bong rip and wish you had spaced it into the 5 hits it actually was hahaha you know... I think something about the air pressure changing causing the smoke to be more stressing on the lungs.... but again... the pressure of the air here changes VASTLY as well as the dryness when the temp change from summer/fall happens.... OR it could be like said above chronic bronchitis, it could just be, a smokers cough... it happens... I smoke cigarettes and i smoke weed heavily... I would consider that i have a smokers cough, as i cough regularly to clear my throat, but right now, as the weather is changing, i notice when i smoke, my fucking lungs want to kill me.... and its not when i smoke a cig, nothing changes on that accord... just nuggets....

5. Some good ideas. Thanks for your imputs.

6. Something similar happend to me about a month ago too i wouldnt say it was a lung infection though. I kept waking up with madd phlegm and was coughing out brown shit so i knew something wasnt good. I didnt go to the doctor though i just stopped smoking blunts for like 2 weeks and just smoked a bong rip or 2 per day and it eventually went away. My lungs felt like shit though so i just had to stop smoking l's for a little to get them back to normal i guess and i dont smoke cigs either.

7. your friends told you that you have a lung infection..are your friends a team of diagnostic doctors?

8. lately ive been spitting loogies with a lil black in them, (from smoking obviously) but i dont think it's anything to worry about. Not sure about your situation OP but if you think it's that bad just go to the doctor.

9. My friend Mark got bronchitis, he switched to a Volcano while he healed up.

I think if it was an infection you would be in pain, it would hurt to breathe and cough.
    Cannabis is an expectorant, so it makes you cough.
    Tobacco will do the opposite, giving you a dry, raspy cough.

My advice is to lay off the devils weed and stick with Gods bud.