lung cancer

Discussion in 'General' started by popsson, Dec 11, 2005.

1. can you survive this?

2. I believe so.

3. i smoke enough thc to supress lung cancer, easily.

4. Yup, but dont worry, smoking marijuana alone has never caused a single case of lung cancer.

5. I'm sorry I can't provide the direct source of this as it was in an article in TIME;

They believe THC actually aids in protecting against lung cancer and emphezymea(spelling) whereas nicotine has been shown to cause the opposite affect.

I believe this to be so because I'm half jamaican and that half of my family are quite the tokers. My grandad has been tokin since he was 12 in jamaica (my god they get good bud there) and has great breathing....(he's 81 now)

6. its not me that has it. my mom may have it. but shes never smoked in her life.

7. My grandma unfortunalty didnt survive, she was diagnosed and six weeks later she passes, bless her soul she was the best oma ever

8. Sorry to hear about your grandma man...., cancer is a hard disease to come out alive from. I wish your mom best of luck :)

9. Sorry but your mom man, the key to surviving cancer is early diagnosis

10. lol yall are talking like she has it.

11. My father, Age 57, is a 3 year survivor of lung cancer. He had his right lung removed along with some of his chest cavity, thankfully he still has most of his lymph nodes. But he is doing good and stays active just gets tired quicker than he used to.

Hope all is well, It is a tough thing to go through for sure. Just give a lot of support. :)

12. So does this mean since I smoke and equal amount of both, most of the time more pot then cigs, then it evens my balance of lung cancer - causing agents? LOL

13. I'm by no means an expert but I've always thought it was more that smoking weed itself won't cause negative effects, but then it won't stop smoking cigs from doing damage. Like the weed smoke just isn't nearly as bad for your lungs.

14. The studies about marijuana and cancer show that THC inhibits tumor growth enough that smoking weed won't cause cancer. They also say, though, that THC combined with the nicotine/etc. in cigarettes can have some crazy effects (with a negative connotation on 'crazy').

15. lol...thats not good...i smoke cigarettes =(

16. You can survive bone cancer too, doesn't mean it will be easy.

Lung cancer has a significant survival rate in healthy individuals given early detection.

My doctor is fully informed about my recreational marijuana use, so he knows for the symptoms to look for, and we do annual testing (at my expense).

I would personally tell everybody to have this discussion with their doctor, We should appreciate the risks that we accept when we use marijuana recreationally, it's naive not too.

17. Sorry didnt see that she didn't have it yet. I was stoned when I wrote that :-/

18. THC does not stop it, it corrects the imbalance of the cells that refuse to die, which causes the tumors (Cancer)

For some reason they refuse the signal to die on command and ocntinue growing creating the cancer... THC regulates that back so it does die on command, there by stopping the cancer growth.

So THC is not a cure but it helps it from getting worse.