Lunch

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Rainy Daze, May 6, 2012.

1. So i have a pretty cute math teacher and I was thinking about asking her out to lunch sometime after this semester ends I was just thinking of going to a diner and of course id pay. Would this be "crossing the line" as far as teacher-student relationships should go im not trying to date this women but I really wanna stay in touch with her. Just looking for some opinions. I dont usually get this close to my teachers but I reguaraly stay after (its a night class) to spend a little extra time with her and we've sparked some pretty good conversations so im not just asking her out of the blue here.

let me know what you think

2. I'm a preschool teacher and they do frown upon it when I date the students. Just try to keep it secret.

• Like Like x 1
  3. anyone else comon people

4. just ask her to show you how to get C's ;]

5. already got an A in this class son

6. [​IMG]

Best 'over your head' meme I could find :p

I mean if you're just looking to be friends, don't go with the dinner plan - definitely sounds like a date. This is a sticky situation because she's going to automatically assume whatever you ask her to do with you is going to be a date. If you guys spark some good conversations, then find something that you'll both be interested in so that you guys will have something to discuss. It will help take away some of the intense 'they're RIGHT here what do I say??' vibes haha. When you ask, I wouldn't say 'only as friends' unless she seems perturbed by the suggestion; then calmly state it's nothing more than a friendly gesture. If you make too big of a deal out of it, then she'll think you've over-thought this and have some hidden agenda (i.e. pursue more).

Just be relaxed and don't stress about it :smoke: As far as the student-teacher relationship goes, technically it's crossing that boundary. However, the school has no reason to know, nor would its employees (remember, they're people too) really care, so long as it's not giving you an unfair advantage.

7. Yea thats why i wanna do lunch because dinner would seem like a date. lunch seems more casual i guess and im waiting for the semester to end so she wont technically be my teacher anymore haha. thanks for the reply though.

8. you date preschoolers?

9. Doooo it for GC,man!

Hell,do it for me!

I've always wanted to hook up with a hot teacher.

:ey:

10. We don't use the term dating anymore. We call it "seeing each other socially."

11. Go to lunch and don't pay for her food.

12. Haha do you go to Syracuse? I do too.

TA or legit professor? I wouldn't ask a professor out but I'd definitely ask some of my TA's out:p I see not dating though, yea that seems like it could be casual and a good move for net working.

What year are you?

13. #13 Rainy Daze, May 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    I don't go to SU but this particular proffesor is part time she teaches highschool and this 1 class on the side. I go to community college I'm a big SU fan.

14. Sorry but that's not how you treat a women young tadpole. Anyone else just tell me what you think when you read my post!

15. I'm assuming this is college and not high school?

You said once the semester ends you won't be her student anymore, so hell, go for it. :p

Worst case scenario, she turns into a velociraptor and rips your face off.

16. Yep I'm in college I don't think I'd even try if this was highschool but idk.

17. BumpIn this

18. #18 Runningw235, May 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012

Uhhhh yeah it is. You aren't looking to date her, so why would you pay for her lunch? If you went to lunch with a guy friend would you pay for it? Or do you treat all your friends who are girls like that?

You can't treat girls like they're some other species, man.

And even if you are trying to date her, you should do something that doesn't cost much money the first time or two...

A lot of girls are turned off by guys that want to spend money on them the first time they even hangout. lol

19. #19 Rainy Daze, May 9, 2012
    i dont see the problem with buying a girl lunch. youve never payed for somebodys meal before? and ya i have bought my friends food before.

how the fuck is buying somebody lunch treating them like a differant speices? i thought this was just being nice i mean im trying to get her to like me here. it would be a total dick move to take her out to lunch and make her pay.

20. #20 Runningw235, May 9, 2012
    It's just coming on a little strong to hang out with someone the first time and to be spending money on them. If you are already offering to do things like that for her, the FIRST time you hang out at all it comes off as desperate.

You just shouldn't throw it all on the table like that and remove any doubt from her mind that you like her. You have to make her wonder a little bit. Think about it...girls aren't usually that forward because they want you to work for it a little bit. I prefer to be the same way, and I find it works a lot better.