Lunar eclipse tonight

Discussion in 'General' started by kranko, Aug 28, 2007.

1. I just saw on TV that we are going to have a lunar eclipse tonight. Get ur psychedelics ready and feed ur head.......

2. What the fuk.. the Internt says its tomorrow (tuesday).. I dunno if any1 does post it

3. WTF

when is it?!?

I want to go outside n check it out and toke a bowl :D

4. around 3:52 AM for me

5. 5:52 for me...fuck that

6. wait what's a lunar eclipse? i forgot, isn't that when the sun is behind the moon?

7. Ughh... 3:52 AM... dunno if I can drag my lazy ass out of my hammock to get some pictures...

(hammocks ftw, so comfy and can be taken down in seconds to instantly have an empty room)

8. here on the east coast its like 530 or some shit might as well just get up early

9. 2:38, im sooo there

10. Lunar eclipse is when a planet moves in front of the moon, in this case, Mars.

11. that's a joke.. right?

99% sure a lunar eclipse is when the earth gets between the sun and the moon, blocking the sunlight from reflecting off of the moon...eclipse.

12. You are correct sir.

13. Okay well Im a moron. Get used to it. :)

EDIT: I wish there was a middle finger icon for this case right here. :D:D:D

14. I just got my 100mm lens in the mail. Even though I'll need about 400mm to properly expose this.. damn it, forget it. I'm just too tired.

I'll be missing this eclipse.

:D

15. i'm in NJ, I feel your pain bro.

16. Same time for me.....I'll definitely be up

17. 5:52? damn
    i might get up to watch it the go back to bed haha
    edit: fuck that

18. So did anybody fall for the "Mars Hoax" late last night? Apparently there was a mass email sent out all over the US about how Mars was going to be as big, and as visibile, as the moon to the naked eye ONLY on Aug 27th, @ 12:30am, 2007 ... and dont be shocked, but a lot of people fell for it!! LOL! I was skeptical about it after my mom got all excited for it and I found out it was a big joke. I left my parents house later that night to go back to my place to find not 1..2.. or 3.. but 6 people converged outside looking for Mars. I stopped and talked to them, because they were my neighbors. I laughed, told them they were victims of the hoax..they got pissed and all went back inside..and I laughed at them all the way home. The fucking email said Mars would be as big as the moon and visible to the nakked eye! c'mon!! you gotta be kidding me! LMAO. and people fell for it!! Check it out on Snopes.com for yourself.

19. fuck 3 or 5 am for me? lame