luke wilson 15 arm bub broke. possible to fix?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Colorprinter867, Mar 17, 2011.

1. so last week my luke wilson bubbler broke. only the top mouthpiece part broke off, the rest it is complete fine except for two small nicks. the only reason im asking if its possible to fix is cause i see a seam where i assume the two parts of the piece were put together and the seam is right where it broke off and maybe its fixable. does anyone know if this is possible?

the worst part is i have only had her for a month! :(

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. damn bro sorry about the break it looks like it can be saved though:smoke:

3. thats what i was thinking! i really hope i can be... we had just finished a bowl when a gust of wind blew the box fan that was in my window down and it slammed her into my desk. the noise was one of the worst noises ive ever heard...

4. easily fixable (modify it w/a bong mouthpeice)

5. What I was going to suggest...You could even try to have a 90degree 18mm female joint installed so you could have a removable mouthpiece for convenience..might as well. I kinda wish mine had one.

6. yeah dude, turn that into an AC and get a J-hook for it. Go on google maps near your area and search "Glass studio", call up the shops and see what they can do.

7. if you cant get it properly fixed use aquarium sealant. my friend had a beaker bottom roor and it broke everywhere and he made it a zombie bong by sealing it back together.

8. this is a vote for: do a modification to it!

9. definitely fixable.

10. im not sure i understand what you're talking about. do you have a picture?

11. Like this:[​IMG] Or you could try to turn it into an A/C with a double sided male joint like a Toro swiss but the LW is a little hefty and mishapen I feel for an A/C.

12. yeah idk about an ash catcher cause this is the only piece that i have other than my mflb. have you ever hit a piece like that sheldon black before? will the lw still hit as well? and do you have any idea how much something like that should cost to get done? i dont wanna get ripped off by someone

13. Its going to cost a pretty good amount, the average for a replaced joint is 100$ but depends who you get to do it. Id say 100$ is a fair price

14. Yeah man it broke in a good place,
    definitely fixable.

Sorry your baby is crippled at the moment:eek:

15. 100$ for a fixed joint (if you mean a GonG joint) is a pretty big rip. Most blowers around here charge 20-40 to fix a joint. Now, I can understand 100 to cut it down and add a nice new bubbler mouthpiece.

But if a store can sell a straight tube for 100$ I think a joint fix shouldn't cost quite that much.

16. one more question, does anyone know of good blower in the pa, nj, md, de area that would be able to do a quality job if i were to get this done?

17. Adding a mouthpiece is not any harder really, its basically the same weld. Most people don't know glassblowers around them and have to send it out which isn't cheap for quality.