Lucy from "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds" Died

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by drJustice, Sep 29, 2009.

1. So I was listening to Sean Hannity on the radio for a good laugh, and he said the girl that Johns son drew in the picture that the song was based on died today. I can hardly believe it. I'm not a big Beatles song but I allways loved that song,

2. so are you saying john as in john lennon's son drew a picture of a girl with lucy in the sky with diamonds was based on... and the girl in that photo has died

3. its a great song!

4. Too bad the Beatles suck.

5. Yes:

'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' dies - CNN.com

6. :confused: gtfo

if u smoke weed and dont like the beatles there is sumthing very wrong with you

7. i love the beatles. but sometimes i really do think they're over-hyped. lol

8. Well whatever the case, it is a great song! That maybe one explanation but I still think it has something to do with it spelling out LSD.. Lucy in the Sky withDiamonds. Or maybe its just wishful thinking haha.

9. Something is terribly wrong with me then.

Every time their music comes on the radio I want to put a gun in my mouth.

10. do it then lol

11. i kinda grew up with them since my dad loved em, to me there music puts you in a certain mood. sorta like when u listen to Dark Side of the Moon. You just kinda know what they're gettin at

12. :eek:

13. It's really not just "one explanation..." It IS the explanation. That's just plain old how it went down.

Here's the picture, BTW;

[​IMG]

14. Looks like a Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds if i've ever seen one, and trust me, i have.

15. This is kind of relevant lol..a while ago I decided to get a tatoo dedicated to this song..

It marks one of many very special milestones in my life and for this one, I just happened to be tripping on 2c-e - had the most profound experience of my life at the time. I just thought it would only be right to have something to symbolize it..

Either going to design it myself, have one of my very skilled artist friends have a hand at it, or just have an astonishing tatoo artist customize one for me.

The idea I see in my head just keeps pushing me to carry this through! :D

16. How do you not like the Beatles? I admit they've made some of the worst music ever (Love Me Do) but they made so many masterpeices you can't just discredit all their music like that.

17. I've listened to so many of their tracks and I just can't get in to a single one of them. It sounds so lame to me.

18. I hear that Kanye is some good shit... :cool: