Lucid Dreams

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 420-2112, Jan 13, 2006.

1. I'm just starting it after doing it almost subconsiously for a long time..

i have good respect for it and i would never go too far into it probably. defiantly would never abuse it if i had it.

2. I've done it before on many occasions...when i fly is the most fun...Senor Ding Dong- i'm just curious as to What kind of things have you experienced...the scariest thing to happen to me while sleeping is having my mind know i'm awake but my body not respond...like everything will be black and i'll know i'm awake but i wont be able to move then i just kind of concentrate and tell my self to wake up and i'll snap out of it...and i've only had the false awakening happen to me once...

3. I have had vivid, in color dreams all my life. some of the one that are situational,, and at that time and present have no meaning in my life--say, standing beside a computer in a crowded emergency department,,bits and fragment of these dreams come back to my in real life ,years, or more like decades afterward in the form of deji vous. Some of my dreams are more like night terrors in which i feel like i'm awake, lying there in bed, and yet i'm paralysied, can't move or breath, and if i don't move at least my foot or hand or take a breath, impending doom is immenint. The worst of my dreams start as a chain of night after night disturbing dreams of blood, death and horrible situations. when i start have these type of dreams they are an exact precurser of a major life changing event in my life that is totally unforseen and out of know where.........weird but very accurate.
    FOX MULDER X-FILES

4. dingdongs words scare me.

just because of my general religious beliefs, I cant say that I'd come back un-phased from a particularly intense encounter with some sort of evil/demonic force within a lucid dream.

I do know that fear in dreams can be extremely intensified, and I know its a feeling that it pretty hard to experience in real life.

that said, I think I'd love to try it out for the women... but I'd certainly tread lightly. True, INTENSE fear, whether in a dream or not, can be extremely traumatizing on a subconcious level, and can have a lasting effect on your phycological health.

5. That's called hynogogic shock, its common among lucid dreamers. Your body paralyzes when you dream so you don't act out the dream physically. I've read you can get intense hallucinations if you realize what's going on when this happens.

6. i have punched a hole in my bedroom wall in my sleep. i was in a fight with my dad in the dream and i guess i did this roll over thing and i woke up right as my fist destroyed the wall. it was intense

7. I got interested in that shit (ObE's and Lucid dreams) awhile back but never got serious and practiced. Yet I still had some interesting expiriences. Astral projection, or Lucid dreams im not quite sure. It's great though.

8. IMO astral projection is bs, but lucid dreams seem very real.

9. i've never had any hallucinations but its happened to many times

10. I nearly had a lucid dream once. I've always been interested in it, especially since my best friend is nearly always able to control and/or remember his dreams while I rarely remember even remember. But one day, a couple years ago, I was taking a nap and I dreamed a couple girls came into my dorm room and asked for help. So I went across the hall the their room and started flirting with them when I realized that I lived in an guys only dorm. Immediatley I felt myself pulled up and back. I tried to hold on but everything faded out and I opened my eyes. I'd never been that close before and haven't been able to do it again.

11. Lucid dreaming is so g'damn interesting. But there's steps to lucid dreaming.
    1) you have to realize you're in a dream. This can be approached by many ways...but an amazing (and interesting) thing to realize is that in dreams, you can't turn on light switches.
    so if you're in a dream, try to turn on a light. if nothing happens, then hopefully you'll realize that something's fishy.
    2) another way to realize it's a dream is draw a dot on your hand before you go to sleep. concentrate on that dot while you're trying to get to sleep, and then when you finally get so sleep if you realize that there's no dot...then that's proof it's a dream.

Once you realize you're dreaming, you can do whatever you want. I've had 2 lucid dreams; the 1st was a pack of lemors were trying to get into my house. I was "fighting" them off by using colored pencils. At that moment, i thought "why the fuck are lemors trying to get into my house?" everything stopped, and i just decided to continue fighting them off. but it was a lot diff. it was like i was really there and experiencing it.

2nd lucid dream i've had was a few nights ago. my snake was loose in my room and trying to lunge and bite me. so i tried turning the light on, it wouldn't turn on. i flipped out and ran to the bathroom and tried to turn that light on. nothing happened. that's when i realized it was a dream and "woke up"...but it was actually a dream inside of another dream.
    i've been having some crazy ass dreams recently...
    but lucid dreaming is amazing. i totally reccomend you looking up on it and trying it. it's something to do...:D

12. I have no control over my dreams...its rare that I actually get any sleep to be honest thats why i need the weed ya feel me.....I do have dreams but mostly its about things thats happened in my past and its usually a blur

I cant sleep cuz i did sum fucked up shit in my life and my brain keeps bringin it back to me whenever i go to bed

actually come to think of it i do remeber one dream...the last dream i could remember

"Sitting at a bench at my house....sum kids that I had problems with came to kill me....I could tell they had guns....I tried talking them out of it and saying that I didnt do what they think I did...they didnt believe me so they shot me in the neck...fell to the floor bleeding then woke up"

It felt so real because I was trying to push off the ground to get up and get help while holding my neck at the same time and trying to remain calm. Then after i couldnt really move i just sat they're knowing it was a dream and hoping to wake up soon(which felt forever) until finally i woke up sweating in shock and hard to breathe

i did sum fucked up shit

13. I have had one such dream. It resulted in a head-ache sadly, but it was probably the most fun I had during a dream.

14. never heard of someone getting a headache from a dream LOL

15. i have started messing around with this lately, completely focusing on stuff during the day, setting my alarm for 5-6 hours later, wake up think about everything that happened in my sleep, then go back to sleep and try to re enter dreams and stuff. I think i am getting close to mastering my dreams, mayb after a few more weeks of practice and i will get it. I would like to experiment with DMT to see if i can get into a dream world often during the day, that could help enormously

16. i was actally gunna try this right now cuz im in bed right now but i dont know how you can see the dot? it dark man!

17. Lol..I dunno. Get a night light or something...;)

18. Not so much the dream, as trying to control it. I realized I was sleeping, made some changes, got a headache.

19. Man the only time I realise I'm dreaming is when things start going bad... I guess that's a good thing, cause I'm usually up for whatever, but when shit starts getting freaky, I start looking for ways out and shit, and start to realise I'm dreaming... like in that boogyman dream a few days ago (post was "tell us about your day" if you're interested in hearing the details), I was all ready to throw down with this like 6 foot shadowy figure just cause I knew it was a dream, and I knew if I threw gasoline on him and lit him on fire that would be the end of it.. but about the time I take control of the dream is when I wake up from it... Sometimes I wish I could just finish it off, you know.. it's so unsatisfying when you know you're gonna win and you don't get the chance...

~ Terpsichore

20. dude one of my main reacurring sp? wtf dreams, is that im gettin chased and bitten by snakes, and cant get away. i have that dream at least once a week ssht sux. another dream i have over and over, is that my teeth crumble and slowly fall out and then theres the tittlewave dream. i had a lucid dream when i was bout 15 or 16 remember it like it was yesterday, i was walkin in the feild at my moms and realized i was dreaming, but never woke up, i realize im dreaming often but then wake right up after that, anyway i never woke up, so take off running and blast off like superman. i fkn flew dude it was so great ill never forget it. *tear* and its not like a normal dream its like u actualy did in your waking life. hadnt had one since then that i could hang on to. but i know if it ever happens again, Jinnifer Aniston better brace herself.