Lucid dreams: How to

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Hooked0NChronic, Jun 16, 2009.

1. This might not be the correct section for this but my original post was in this section.

Original Thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/409059-universe-gods-lucid-dream.html

I have had a few people request I explain some steps to take during the day to help have a lucid dream. I usually have two or three lucid dreams every week, and they are probably the single most amazing thing you can ever experience.

Lucid dreams are when you realize that you are dreaming in a dream and have the ability to do whatever you want, ie: fly, jump far, run fast, steal, materialize objects etc. The amazing part of the dreams is that these actions feel 100% real. If you jump 100 feet in the air, you will feel the G-Force, and feel like you are legitamantly jumping that high.

1. Write "A" on one or both of your hands
    An A, meaning awake on you hands can be one of the best things to do to increase chances of lucid dreams. During the day, whenever you notice the "A", look at it, and ask yourself, "am I truly awake?" Don't simply answer "yes" but actually think about going to bed the night before, and go through a quick re-cap of the day in your head. Once dreaming, you may subconsciously look at your hand and notice the "A" and be able to challenge if you are dreaming or not. Or, you will look for the "A" and see a different letter, or that there is no letter at all. Your hands are very key in dreams, and usually they will be deformed or contain fewer or less than 5 fingers.

2. Keep a dream log
    I know this seems kind of homo (no offense), but a dream log is the single most important thing to have to increase lucid dream chances. Just a notebook under your bed or next to it with a pencil or pen. Then, when you wake up after a dream in the middle of the night, write it down in the log. This will help you remember your dreams, and it will make it ten times easier to notice when you are dreaming. If you can't remember what your dream was about, don't move, or do anything to distract your brain. Just stare at the first thing you saw when you woke up until you have remembered the meat of the dream. Moving, listening to music, or even looking around will pre-occupy your brain and cause you to quickly loose it forever.

3. Before bed preparations
    Just before you go to bed at night, sit on the edge of your bed and look at your hands. Just star at them, and tell yourself (out loud is better) "Tonight while I dream, I will see my hands and realize I'm dreaming." Repeat this many times. It is okay if you get drowsy. It may take a few nights, but you will eventually look at your hands in your dream and realize that you are not awake.

Now, these steps will work. But, you will need to be consistent with them. You will be teaching your brain to do something that it is not used to doing, so it will take time. Please don't try this once and simply give up if it doesn't work. I hope you all can experience a lucid dream. They really are amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah I have had dream with valium...good, but not as good as lucid.

3. That's really interesting man, thanks for that bro. I'll try it :D

I love dreams, man. There are a few dreams that I get, quite often, where this certain situation is going on in my head... well, alright, these dreams are when I get back with my ex, haha. I swear man, they are the best dreams. I never want to wake up; when I wake up, I feel like shit. I just wanna go back to sleep and dream that dream and never wake up, ya know? Shit I'm rambling haha sorry.

4. I know what you mean. That is probably the best part about lucid dreams though. The whole time you know you are dreaming, and that you will eventually wake up, so, you have a shit load of fun, and when you wake up, you are just glad you got to do it. lol

5. #5 hella chronic, Jun 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
  6. Thanks for posting this. I've heard a lot about the dream log and started one myself (this morning I typed a 3 page single spaced entry) but I still haven't been able to have them. The thing about the hands sounds promising, I'm going to try it.

7. all the steps are pointless.

if you want fucking awesome dreams, take melatonin. An over the counter sleep aid, which is awesome. Basically, your brain naturally releases it when its dark, and it tells your body, "im tired, i want to sleep" and if you just take like 3-5 mg's of it, bam, easy to sleep, with super gnarly dreams.

You'll have the most amazing dreams, its awesome. Do it. forget the steps.

8. I read something about using a pink moon as a reminder that you're dreaming? I guess you would spend your time awake trying to associate a picture of a pink moon with dreaming, then when you fall asleep and see a pink moon, you can go wild.

I love lucid dreams. I don't take any of these steps, they just happen sometimes. I'll realize that i'm dreaming and i'll just do anything I want. But for some reason lately i've been having problems pulling these stunts off in dreams. For example, i'll try to convince myself that I can fly, but i'll just jump normally and not go anywhere. I think it's because deep down, I know i'm simply trying to convince my mind that it can fly, and my mind is going "not this time man, I'm onto your sneaky shit!". But then again, sometimes i'll just be able to fly and won't think anything of it.

9. Thanks man that looks awesome.
    "don't listen to this guy; the answer is TAKE DRUGS INSTEAD!"

:rolleyes:

10. Melatonin can only make dreams more vivid. Trust me, what you call "gnarly" is actually just more vibrant and memorable dreams. You can even take it as another step towards lucid dreams.

Have you ever had a lucid dream? One where the world was at your disposal? If you did I doubt you would talk shit about a guide on how to have them.

11. alas.
    i must have mixed up vivid and lucid the other night when i wrote that, haha.

Melatonin is still amazing though. Take it with the steps.

12. that is cool i was just starting a dream journal and learning how to lucid dream a few days ago

13. Holy crap. I had always heard about this, but I have to try it now.

I just had a crazy dream last night that I remembered in the morning, but I forgot it now.

I just realized how amazing this is though. The brain is truly the best drug ever!

14. i can taste food in my dreams.....

:smoke:

15. i used to be able to lucid dream kind of...

like i would wake up from a dream, and fall asleep, and would kind of be able to control it.. but then i would get too excited and just wake myself up

ive also had several false awakenings.. didnt know thats what they were called.. damn they piss me off. you think your getting all your shit done teeth brushed shower etc., then you wake up and realize you still gotta do it lol

16. cool ill try it out, let you know how it goes tomorrow.. or later today i should say :p

17. I think I may have found a crazy way to learn about the mind. Get a team of scientists who are really good at having lucid dreams to record observations, answer pre established questions, and conduct mini experiments (not like lab, but gravitational, and other crazy things i cant even imagine right now) while they are dreaming because they are really inside their own minds. what better place to study the mind than from inside.

18. I have lucid dreams all the time, I ususally smoke about 2 - 3 grams before going to bed and I'm soarin in my dreams the entire night, it's a great feeling.

Last nights dream, my mind kept kinda skipping through scenarios until all of a sudden I was dreaming about having to drop a huge duece while getting a blowjob from my ex-girlfriend..

:(

19. it wasn't lucid, but last night I had a dream I was riding in a Coke delivery truck and Dwight Howard was driving. We got real blazed and the mother fucker drove off a cliff.

Pretty crazy.

20. ive never lucid dreamed before, but there are times where ill be having a normal dream and all of a sudden i just start falling. but i can feel every second of it and as im waking up i can still feel the adrenaline rush. anyone have an explanation for this