Lucid dreaming

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by 2packush420, Apr 2, 2013.

1. I've been trying to lucid dream for the last few months. Lately I have been remembering multiple dreams every day and they have all been extremely vivid, but no lucid dreams yet.

Is anyone else fascinated by lucid dreams? Feel free to share your lucid dream experiences.

2. someone explain what lucid dream means

3. [quote name='"HotFuckingTuna"']someone explain what lucid dream means[/quote]

A lucid dream is basically a dream where you relize that you are dreaming. It feels just like real life and you can do pretty much anything you want(fly, have sex with the girl of your dreams, ect)

4. #4 420patient, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
    It takes a LONG time to get control of everything. Iv'e been practicing for years and can only control short parts. But yeah i am into it man u just gotta be really careful and do your research cause it can mess with you mentally. I know alot of poeple think it's just crazy and laugh it off but if you experience it you really want to do it again and it can become addictive kinda. The Brain is an amazing thing.

5. #5 nanners, Apr 2, 2013
    I did it once after prepping myself for a while. It was awesome but didn't last long. Once I realized I was in a dream I jumped out the window and flew around, it felt very real and crazy. Then I had a false awakening and the regular dream state continued. I should try to lucid dream again.

What I did to prep myself is knock on a door or object multiple times a day and say "Am I dreaming?",out loud. It worked for me.

Edit:Typo

6. ^^^ Usually when you loose control your doing somthing dangerous and realize it and either die or suffer an injury and that jolts you awake.

7. I used to do that, but I geuss I became disinterested because I haven't attempted this in years

8. Lol Unless ur sleeping on a tree branch I think you will find your brain does a great job of keeping u immobilized while in rem sleep

9. #9 420patient, Apr 2, 2013
    I accidently discovered it , I started noticing whatever i left playing on the tv when i fell asleep i would dream that scenario. Then started researching it and found it very alluring. I consider myself a novice tho id be interested to hear from somone that can control it at will.

10. May i ask what yo are doing to try and control your dream-scape? I have several techniques that show a lot of benefits in this area if your interested,

11. Id be interested in checking out what u have found man just HMU.

12. The more I tried the harder it became to control, at one point I think I was just dreaming that I was lucid dreaming and dreams became more convoluted :/. I know the light switch trick works for some, most likely won't effect the "lighting" in your dreams if u can muster the idea to turn one off or on, usually that triggers dream realization and then u are "able to control your dreams" assuming that thought is not also an illusion

13. I found a dream journal helped , but I got to lazy to keep it up lol.