Lucid dreaming or astral projection?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by NoExistence, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Ok so yesterday i tried to astral project and i'm not sure if i was correctly doing it or somehow starting to lucid dream. Ok so i lied down on my bed and closed my eyes and i'm not sure how long i waited but it felt like an eternity. So after laying in bed for who knows how long, i started seeing images such as little fragments of dreams. My body felt all umm tingly and i started to feel as if i was lying on top of my own body somehow. It felt like i was leaving my body and that i was starting to float up kind of. Then i just started seeing complete whiteness and i tried clearing my mind of all thought and i sort of felt like i was in two bodies kind of (As if i was leaving my physical body into a dream state or some other sort of body) I tried moving my hands in my "new body" and a couple times i was kind of flashing into first person view into my "new body" and i almost felt like i was in a different world and i kinda was flashing back and forth between a different world with a new body and the whiteness that i saw earlier. All of a sudden the whiteness became so intensifying and my eyes were straining and suddenly opened and i was back in my bed. The whole time while i was in the "whiteness" i felt afraid to leave my body and i felt like i was being lifted off the earth.

2. I used to be into Lucid Dreaming. I found dreamviews.com which is an AMAZING site. I then got the book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge, who is some amazing researcher at Stanford who has really opened my mind to the capabilities of the mind.

What you described doesnt really sound like a lucid dream.. Sounds like you weren't letting yourself go to sleep fully cause as soon as you started to really drift off while conscious you just flipped out lol. It takes a lot of focus.

That being said since I started smoking weed a lot more, my dream recall has gone to shit lol... so even if im having any lucid dreams Im forgetting them as soon as they end. If you have any questions about lucid dreaming i'm pretty knowledgable and its a really interesting hobby. You can truly learn how to do it. It's for real lol.

3. AH! My friend. What you were seeing were memory impressions. I love those because if you stay calm enough and focus, you can become those and have a taste of lucidity. It eventually goes away as you move deeper into the new state of conciseness. You simply entered that new state. You body is forgetten as you move into that new realm...our minds.

4. Definately sounds like you were on the brink of astral projecting to me.

It's common on the first few times to get over excited or for the experience to get too intense and you come back to your body... It sounds like in your case you were afraid to let go of your physical body.

Sounds like you're making good progress though, keep trying and since you know what to do to get to the phase state just work on remaining calm and relaxed throughout the experience, and remember not to be afraid of leaving your body, it's perfectly safe, it's just new and seems scary because you aren't used to it.

It may even help to try seperation techniques. For instance try "rolling" out of your body, or "pushing" yourself out of the crown of your head. Also "levitating" and "sinking" up or down out of your body works for some.

5. So I've been working on lucid dreaming for a little while now with keeping a journal and stuff but whenever I smoke I just cannot remember my dreams at all and it seems to be slowing down my progress. When you got good at lucid dreaming were you smoking during that time or were you on a dream-t-break or what was your weed situation during that time?

6. heh basically if you want your recall to come back you have to quit smoking... i think anyways. when i had good dream recall i really only smoked like once a month or maybe less often. When i picked up smoking, that hobby kind of took over lucid dreaming. I definitely believe smoking is slowing down your progress.