Lucid dreaming or astral projection?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by NoExistence, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Ok so yesterday i tried to astral project and i'm not sure if i was correctly doing it or somehow starting to lucid dream. Ok so i lied down on my bed and closed my eyes and i'm not sure how long i waited but it felt like an eternity. So after laying in bed for who knows how long, i started seeing images such as little fragments of dreams. My body felt all umm tingly and i started to feel as if i was lying on top of my own body somehow. It felt like i was leaving my body and that i was starting to float up kind of. Then i just started seeing complete whiteness and i tried clearing my mind of all thought and i sort of felt like i was in two bodies kind of (As if i was leaving my physical body into a dream state or some other sort of body) I tried moving my hands in my "new body" and a couple times i was kind of flashing into first person view into my "new body" and i almost felt like i was in a different world and i kinda was flashing back and forth between a different world with a new body and the whiteness that i saw earlier. All of a sudden the whiteness became so intensifying and my eyes were straining and suddenly opened and i was back in my bed. The whole time while i was in the "whiteness" i felt afraid to leave my body and i felt like i was being lifted off the earth.

2. It sounds like you are getting it but havent gotten over the biggest hump. Its a scary feeling to leave your body but with more practice you'll get it

3. I have never succesfully had a lucid dream when attempting to do so. A couple of times it just happened though. I applaud anyone who can get it down, because i know some of the craziest shit happens in your dreams.

4. YO! can someone give me the idiot's guide to lucid dreaming? PM me or something cause I've been trying and umm it ain't workin for me so please, could someone help a brotha out?

5. i can get both of them down but my eyes always shiver?? can anyone relate? i do have REALLY bad eye sight

6. It's not something that just "works." It takes practice. There's no short cuts and no method that will help you achieve lucidity faster than any other method.

Practice practice practice. Then practice some more. And when you're just about ready to say "fuck it" keep practicing. That's how you learn to lucid dream.

7. is there a way to stop this becuase i started to do this and i dont like it

8. trying to astral project, and succesfully doing it can be a very wierd experience. I havent been able to do it, but i'd like to do it. Its not everyones cup of tea

9. I know there's no short cuts...i've been learning that through things like opening the 7 chakra paths so if you could, may you tell me what practice consist of

10. so far i've had one lucid dream however due to being scared, i woke myself up...it's interesting to say the least. I'll keep you updated as i go.

11. This works for me

1. Lay on your back, hands at your side.
    2. Your body will try to send signals like itches and urges to move. IGNORE AT ALL COSTS
    3. Your body will now go into sleep paralysis. Don't open your eyes, you'll halucinate and you won't be able to move. Brix will be shat.
    4. ??????
    5. PROFIT!

12. a buddy of mine told me a "shortcut" to trying astral project, but i have yet to try it.

1. lie down in total silence, and you should begin to hear a ringing sound.
    2. Focus on the ringing sound
    3. You should see a little white light in the center of your vision, focus on it ( he said you may have to try and imagine it being there )
    4. apparantly this'll send you into astral projection idk though

13. I'm not sure how it's called but almost always I'm able to think in my dreams (my thoughts are kinda different than real world tho, somehow I understand things in another way) and have almost 100% control over my actions (rarer) so lets say...

sometimes I dream about place\people\objects and I can create things around me (I remember this time trying to create an egg to throw on a car, it ended up being a weird ass shaped lemon that smashed as an egg)
    sometimes I kinda create the place myself, but it's never really what I think about.

and sometimes it's crazy ass events\sounds\short dreams with different situations that seem really real and including feelings , I remember few times I was SURE that this is real, and sometimes it's really hard to wake myself up from it :X

this is the astral thingy? :S

14. i just remembered something, if you want to have lucid dreaming take 2 melatonin before you sleep and blaze a joint

15. hahahaha gnomes

16. I used to lucid dream all the time, remember this one time I was just standing in my front yard and decided to go fly so I just took off and I woke up just feeling like god ahaha

17. I have a lucid dream almost every night. Coolest ones I had are of being master cheif from halo. I was under the valhalla base with a pistol and i could see banshes flying over me. It was fucking awsome. Another one was about a zombie apocolypse. It ended with me holding ground in my house with a shotgun with my family. I ended up missing shooting a zombie and it killed me then i woke up. Most of my lucid dreams dont end up making sense tho. Like a few nights ago i dreamed of fucking up a nascar event, and i broke my friends car door i was borrowing and at the end of the dream i was heading to the white house where the president was going to help me repair the door. :smoke: