Lucas Formula in soil question...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by comet3289, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Im currently on day 19 of flowering and started using gh's 2 bottle, lucas formual feeding. What I don't understand is how is it that I give the plant exactly the same amount of nutes from vegetative growth through flowering? It doesn't make sense to be giving it the same ratios throughout its life. For now im giving it 6.25ml micro and 12.5 ml bloom. Im using 12 cfl's. I may increase it to the recommended 8/16 next week, but wondering, do I give it micro in that ratio (half of bloom), throughout flowering? I never have to decrease micro, which contains nitrogen, and/or increase bloom? Seems odd its getting exactly the same balance all its life.

Attached Files:

2. I have followed this fairly close and have had good results
    [​IMG]

3. Thanks for the reply, but that's something entirely different. Im using strictly the lucas formula, only 2 bottle feed from gh...no flora gro. Just trying to find anyone who actually uses it as per the directions I find..1 part micro and 2 parts bloom. Does no one increase bloom and or decrease micro as you get into flowering? Plant gets same thing say week 3 in veg as week 3 in flower?

4. I have used GH in Coco
    and never did it just 1 part micro 2 part bloom
    The Micro should be lowered it mid flower and later even lower towards the final weeks.
    Did you search for Lucas formula and see what pops up here in the City

5. I don't use the Lucas, but I use a different nute formula that is a veg/bloom combo. A grower friend of mine out in Southern California told me about it and it sounded much more simple than the liquid nutes, so I ordered some. When it arrived, I read the directions and immediately got back on the web and asked her how she used it in her grow. She told me she used both parts all the way through the grow and up until she harvested with no flush. At the time, I thought ....nah, surely not. But, even though I don't use it that way, she said she had been doing it that way since she started using it. I have no answer for you my friend. I do know that nutes are just plant food and as long as the nutes you use contain the amounts of the nutrients the plants need, they don't put up a fuss. I also think that way too much importance is placed on the nutrients than should be. For a soil grower, putting more emphasis on the quality of the soil can eliminate the need for any nutes at all with simple repotting of the plant when it outgrows the current container (becomes wider and taller than), into a container slightly larger than it came out of. A repot provides fresh soil and a fresh supply of nutrition for your plant to feed off of. I am not anti-chemical and actually do start nutes around a couple of weeks before they are put into the flower room and continue them throughout flower...but only at about 1/6 or less of the recommended dose by the nute maker. If I use more, it burns my plants.....going back to using high quality grow soil. We grow in Root's Organics Original and have for years, but I can grow beautiful healthy plants with big fat and dense buds with only the soil and a few repots along the way. If you have the light in place to force the plant to grow out and develop, a good quality soil to grow in and some properly pH'd water....that should get you through veg. If your new growth looks good, your plant is healthy. Unless your plants starts showing problems, what you're doing must be working well because your plant is really looking good. From this point on, it's all about the quality and strength of light it gets as to how the buds develop out. But you have a beautiful plant going there and unless you start seeing issues with coloration,, etc., whatever nutes you're running is working. I've always been told that as long as the new growth is good, the plant is healthy. Best of luck. Hope this helps a little. Sorry I don't know more about the Lucas formula...but I do know that there are people here who do use it. Hopefully, they'll come by and give you a first hand report. TWW

6. I searched hours through lucas formula threads, even the main site lucasformula. something, and its all I keep reading..in soil under hid lights its 8ml/16ml micro/bloom and under cfl's its 5/10. I haven't seen anyone mention about changing the ratio at all.
    My last 2 plants were underfed, I don't want that problem again. I underdstand the plant will use what it wants and so on, but too much nitrogen in flower is also not good, its why I wondered when or if to change the ratios. Honestly I would rather bring the plant the food and feed her as oppose to replanting her every couple weeks!!!:) That seems very stressful to the plant and a whole lot of unnecessary work to get the plant nutes. At that point, id rather grow in super soil and never worry about anything again!:)

7. I did all perlite hempy buckets with lucas when I started and did the same ratio all the way through..had great success but they can get n def week 2-3 flower so I did end up using grow up to week 2 or 3..I also used liquid karma and protekt.. Check out ironheads method for success he uses a modified lucas and notill coco is nice

• Like Like x 1