LSTing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by killraven, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Okay so I've begun low stress training and I've noticed the secondary steams are starting to come in strong. What I was wondering is how do I know which leaves to clip so more light gets to the secondary steams? The steams are starting to produce leaves but I don't know if clipping the top of the fan leaves they're growing off of would hurt the steam growth since there only about half an inch tall and just starting, but they remain slightly shaded by the leaves there sprouting from.

Any LST info you could share with me on this subject would be awesome but as of right now I'm under the impression that the extra leaves are not only preventing light but also eating up nutrients those steams need so they can grow strong and flower, and I have no idea how to get rid of those mooching bastards.

2. I believe the thinking nowadays is to "leave" the leaves alone.

3. Ahhhh thanks mate.

4. Yeh like cunningstunz said, you really really do not want to go clipping of leaves.

5. Don't clip any leaves till its a huge bush.

Once you got one goin into flower. You need to trim up the lower growth so the bush can get airflow. Or its just mold waiting to happen