Lst'ing/staking/pruning/bending

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Kushman87, Dec 2, 2016.

1. hey guys, just a question to the majority who will answer me lol, if ya'll ain't too red eyed! ;) but what do you find works better with crop grown from seed of the indica dominant species or even Afghani genetics? I've never lst'd much the closest to this I've done is staking the pots with small bamboo stakes and tying the main branches off on to them in order to open up the centre of the plants to get more light to the popcorn bud sites, and I'm pretty convinced that it made a little difference to my overall dry yield but what is best to use for shorter growing pure indicas or even indica.Dom species? Do plants really enjoy the stress caused by topping or using the 'fim' technique? Any Info is good info to me so please fire away guys.

2. I'm not a big fan of topping my plants, I like to bend the tops down to increase branching. If done right you end up with close to the same results as topping but without losing the top

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Scrog it out bro

4. I've gone with the same option as you so far too, but I always grow out plants from seed so I find tying down and staking beneficial to the plants mid and lower portions, thanks for your input dude

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for your input man, I've been thinking about giving it a go on maybe one of 9 plants just to see how it goes but I will be running 9 plants together , three different strains from two different breeders so I'm curious about all this lst'ing and topping as I only have 6.75ft of space for everything lights and pots included luckily I have adjust a shades so they don't take much room up, if you want to supercrop or lst to make more bushes how long do you have to beg for afterwards before flipping? I usually veg for 5/6 weeks then flip to 12/12, so when in my veg cycle would I top in order not to retard the plant too much? Many thanks dude

6. Always wanted to scrofula but don't you have to use less plants in the same area as you would pack a few in usually? And what's the easiest way to construct a scrog net for a 5.5ftx5.5ft space? Thanks man

7. You can check out my journal. I didn't top, just lst'd like crazy and got just as many tops, atleast 12 on each plant. I'm also using the SCROG method. I used PVC and Mason String, and it hold up against the plant. Good luck man.

• Like Like x 1