LST'ing other plants besides MJ.

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Graysuitlaxer14, Apr 5, 2012.

1. I have this random flower that my mom brought home. I was just wondering if I could LST it or something? That would be cool. So any thoughts or experiences?:confused: :wave:

2. You can LST pretty much anything you like. I'm in the middle of experimenting it on my chilis, and they love it! :p

3. we do it to almost every plant in the garden every year. the tomatoes get lst and supercropped along with all the peppers and most of the herbs we grow. just lst it .

4. LST happens in nature, its called wind and rain and lifeforms, all plants expect some stress ;)

5. Low-stress testing. Stressing the structures of the plant by bending and stretching its stems & branches. Extremely useful if you grow cannabis and want to maximise the yield.

6. What time in a plants life shiould this be done. Will I yeild more tomatoes if I do this?

7. You could do it with a seedling if you wanted too :) All lst is is guiding the plant where you want it to grow. With lst'ing mj you move the main colas out of the way so that the light can hit the lower growth, it helps to pull them downward as well so they are level with that lower growth thus making an even canopy with lots of tops. I love using zip ties - among the 500 other things they're useful for! There are different methods but thats the general idea of lst. I plan on doing some mild lst with my cherry toms by using steaks but you could get more aggressive with it and use a trellis, etc.

8. #9 LaCurandera, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    One method of LST-ing I will definitely attempt with cannabis and keep doing is simply bending the main cola about 90 degrees in its early stages. This way every single branch will grow like a main stem, and will ultimately increase the overall yield and eliminate the existence "popcorn buds" on the plant.

You can LST the branches pretty much anytime you want but the main stem will eventually grow too thick for bending. So if you want to bend the main stem, it would have to be done quite early in the plant's life.

9. Ight, well I LST'd her for about a week. Then decided I'd give her a break. She is looking much better. She took to it nice. Looking alot healthy then when I first saw her. Germing my cannabis seeds today. Water glass method. Wishme luck boys.

10. Good, good :wave: BTW I recommend you use the raft method of germing seeds. In my experience it's the perfect way of quickly germing any kind of seeds.

11. You mean the paper towel method?

12. Actually a merely perfected version of the paper towel. :cool: I learned it from a chili forum but have experienced it to be a very, VERY effective way to get any kinda seeds to grow some tail.

So, you grab a plastic container (with an opaque, detachable lid) and pour some water in it, about 2" is alright. Take a small block of styrofoam, wrap it with a couple of layers of paper towel and place it on the water. Let the paper get soggy all over.

Proper ventilation is important. Punch a few small holes on the lid, preferably in the corners, since you don't want any light on those roots. Place seeds of desired fauna onto the soggy raft, close the lid. Check them out in 2-5 days and there should be some signs of life. ;)

13. Wow thats pretty nifty. I'll try it. I might have to germinate more anyway.